search Video Download AddOn with no converter needed

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
thoste

search Video Download AddOn with no converter needed

Post by thoste »

In the past I used freequently the VideoDownloadHelper AddOn to download videos from several sources.

In the recent time I observed taht more and more videos can not be download with this AddON without an additional converter.
This is annoying.

Maybe there is another tool which really allows download of such videos or - alternatively - already contain such a converter.
Brummelchen

Re: search Video Download AddOn with no converter needed

Post by Brummelchen »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
i can not help you when you still fake your user agent or dont use firefox.

investigate yourself some more:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ppver=57.0
if you expect a hint for a legacy extension - not my part - i am looking forward..
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

thoste wrote:Maybe there is another tool which really allows download of such videos or - alternatively - already contain such a converter.
http://www.downloadhelper.net/why-conve ... gation.php
If some video variants are contained into a single file, some others separate the audio and video streams into two distinct files. Those variants are called adaptive and can easily be spotted in Video DownloadHelper panel as their description holds the ADP word. Generally, high quality video variants are only available from the servers as adaptive.
So it's most likely impossible to download such videos as a single file with sound. What about converters, I think there are two options:
1. Use media player that picks up external audio tracks automatically
2. Use ffmpeg
Sorry for my poor English.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

"Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express" (webextension) is limited to 720p otherwise have to buy.
but when i use extension anytime i get a full featured MP4 (video+audio).
my web downloader (ida pro) loads 2 files and need to merge, but it can load 1080p++

youtube downloader lite is also limited to 720p, seems a general limit for YT in firefox and free loading.

we had a discussion about yt and higher resolutions
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 97&start=0

"Video Downloader professional" is crap.
"Youtube Best Video Downloader 2" is also limited to 720p, higher only online with website.
"Download Youtube Video" also only via website.
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

Brummelchen wrote:we had a discussion about yt and higher resolutions
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 97&start=0
I highly reccomend checking out this thread that Brummelchen linked to. Read the Digital Trends article linked in the first post - it will give you some ideas to think about.

I did finally install 4K Video Downloader (a free standalone program - not an extension) and it works like a charm - many options with no conversion needed. I did A LOT of searching on the web about this application (I was very skeptical that it may contain malware). It does have a nag screen every once in a while (to show their other products). I was surprised by it's excellent functionality and options. And, yes, you can download more than 25 videos, the restrictions are only placed on playlists with more than 25 videos. I tested it on a small (750MB!) 4K video and it worked flawlessly. Caveat emptor - install at your own risk. I have not experienced any malicious or phoning home behaviour, but you will have to do some research on your own if you want to install it.

Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express is a Webex on AMO, but will only do a max of 720p unless you pay. My machine scales 720p very well, and the videos looked great from my perspective at full screen.

Again, check out that link Brummelchen linked to - it's a good starting point.