Merge multiple bookmark backups

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KilliK

Merge multiple bookmark backups

Post by KilliK »

Hello

I have several backups of bookmarks in HTML format, which I want to merge all together in the same FF profile.
I can do it with FF's import html function but I was wondering if there is a faster way to achieve this. I want to avoid to having manually click all those html files, if possible.
is there any other faster alternative to achieve this?
albertfwong

Re: Merge multiple bookmark backups

Post by albertfwong »

Bookmark merger is the python library or module which is written in order to merge the multiple bookmark files together.You can also download standalone .exe with its source files when you run, by default it tries to merge all .html files in the current directory into merged .html file. Then you can delete the bookmarks in FF and import the merged file. Firefox supports export/import tags and allows to export/import any bookmark folder which you want to keep in place of replacing the whole lot.
KilliK

Post by KilliK »

are you talking about this one?
bookmark-merger.sourceforge.net/

so, I merge the html files into a bigger one, the bookmarks inside them will be kept with no problems, right?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Install this extension first of all: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss

Then import your other bookmarks.html files via the Library (Ctrl+Shift+B). Once you've imported them all run the extension using the option to check for duplicates, dead links etc.

As a precaution, make a backup of your current bookmarks.