Firefox 56 is just plain awful

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
RobertJ

Re: Firefox 56 is just plain awful

Post by RobertJ »

paulpinecone wrote:If think you have to consider this a firefox 56 bug.
Don't think so.

Using FF56.0.1 on Mac OS10.12.6 with 8G of RAM and 1.9G used by FF and 117 tabs open (ridiculous number) the browser is snappy when 1) moving between tabs, 2) clicking on a link in a tab, 3) filling in a form field in a tab or 4) opening up a new tab from a bookmark.

Waited about one hour and everything still snappy. :D

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
paulpinecone

Post by paulpinecone »

RobertJ wrote:
paulpinecone wrote:If think you have to consider this a firefox 56 bug.
Don't think so.

Using FF56.0.1 on Mac OS10.12.6 with 8G of RAM and 1.9G used by FF and 117 tabs open (ridiculous number) the browser is snappy when 1) moving between tabs, 2) clicking on a link in a tab, 3) filling in a form field in a tab or 4) opening up a new tab from a bookmark.

Waited about one hour and everything still snappy. :D

This merely demonstrates that the bug does not manifest in all configurations. Few bugs do. Again: The bug manifested as soon as it upgraded to firefox 56 and disappeared again when I dropped back to ES 54.
therube

Post by therube »

Quite possible it is a bug.
(Problem is, even if it is a bug, no sense in reporting it cause 56 is a dead end. If it occurs likewise in 57, then maybe.)

I consider what I saw a bug in FF 56.
(Might have existed from before, wouldn't know as I haven't particularly "used" FF before 56.)
(And then again, its worthless filing a bug against 56.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

paulpinecone wrote:This merely demonstrates that the bug does not manifest in all configurations. Few bugs do. Again: The bug manifested as soon as it upgraded to firefox 56 and disappeared again when I dropped back to ES 54.
Yeah, there are so many configurations that sometimes it's nearly impossible to tell exactly what is causing certain problems - but we try... Glad to hear things are back to "normal" on the ESR.
JBattin

Post by JBattin »

I AGREE - FIREFOX 56 SUUUUUUUCKSSSSSSS

I have to say that I've always had issues with Firefox freezing up, but usually when I kill it and restart it, it goes away for awhile.

I have exactly the same results, my whole computer will freeze up for 30secs or more but far less frequently than Firefox, and Firefox freezes up for 30 secs and unfreezes for a minute or so, then freezes again. I have 8 cores and 32gb memory.

I noticed you asked him to disable all the Legacy extensions, but my issue is, Firefox is not FIrefox without those extensions. That's why I don't want to go to 57 - most of the good extensions will no longer exist.

By the way, I am on 56.0.1 64bit and Win 10 also.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I suggest you look at your keyboard it appears to be sticking
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
kaylaartist

Post by kaylaartist »

Nice to see I'm not the only one. this has been off and on for months. Ff is so slow I cannot see what I am typing! Using between 2-3K of ram! and only ONE tab opened. I have followed ALL troubleshooting and NO CHANGE. I love FF and have used it for years, but this is turning me off Mozilla. YOU need to fix. I've followed ALL of the above tries, so, it isn't me or my pc.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

kaylaartist wrote: YOU need to fix.
Mozillazine wrote:We folks are not part of Mozilla.
Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and support site.
MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.
We can fix nothing; and, since we have seen very little of your kind of issues I would suggest it is not a Firefox problem.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6