[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by makondo »

Try emailing Morac and see if he still has a version for Fx 3.6 ... has been a while, you're probably out of luck unless there's some switch in about:config which i wouldn't remember now. Send him an email, it's in the first post of this thread. Good Luck!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

when was signing mandatory? ofc 3.6.x cannot verify this modern type of "META-INF".

latest 3.6 is 3.6.28 - but when sitting on a saw blade it dont matter which pin is scratching^^
daxnine

Post by daxnine »

Is there a way to load a session from the session folder? The session is no longer in the backup sessions list or the deleted sessions list. Would also appreciate some direction as to how to save a session permanently.
avada

Post by avada »

daxnine wrote: Would also appreciate some direction as to how to save a session permanently.
Save them manually instead of relying on autosave. Automatically saved sessions are not meant to be permanent.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

for those who care - "Tab Session Manager" seems a very decent replacement for Session Manager. It can save automatically, save on finish and manually. currently it lacks export/import. even "Tab Saver" has its own format.

it seems to me that session manager itself has no export function for sessions, so at least it should not be the matter to open .session files and copy&paste them into a newer browser and then to save the whole window.

if some has a user script to convert SM sessions to anything else it would be helpful.
i currently see no effort to put SM on new rails because the API dont exists - rubbish from my view - as proved its possible
GLint

Post by GLint »

Brummelchen wrote:for those who care - "Tab Session Manager" seems a very decent replacement for Session Manager. It can save automatically, save on finish and manually. currently it lacks export/import. even "Tab Saver" has its own format.

it seems to me that session manager itself has no export function for sessions, so at least it should not be the matter to open .session files and copy&paste them into a newer browser and then to save the whole window.

if some has a user script to convert SM sessions to anything else it would be helpful.
i currently see no effort to put SM on new rails because the API dont exists - rubbish from my view - as proved its possible
Can I disable 'Session Manager', install 'Tab Session Manager' to try it, and then disable 'Tab Session Manager' and enable 'Session Manager'?

If I did this now, would 'Session Manager' work as it has been when I enable it again?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

It should. Disabling should not delete anything including settings and saved sessions.

If you are really worried, though, make a backup of your profile before doing anything. I use Mozbackup, but you can just copy your profile to another part of your computer or to a flash drive.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GLint

Post by GLint »

WildcatRay wrote:It should. Disabling should not delete anything including settings and saved sessions.

If you are really worried, though, make a backup of your profile before doing anything. I use Mozbackup, but you can just copy your profile to another part of your computer or to a flash drive.
Thanks
Just wondering the best way to do this so that my current tabs are saved.
Should I install 'TSM' first before disabling 'Session Manager'?
László

Post by László »

Do you know about when there will be a WebExtensions version (FF57 +)? Will you be at all?
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

I have one computer which was on 56 beta, which updated to 57 beta by itself. All was well for a while. Then, out of the blue, your "Session Manager" extension stopped working. I lost about 4 windows with scores of tabs.

I have continued using Firefox due to necessity, but am not happy. However, I just saw a bug which makes the profile backwards compatible from 57 to 56.

So, my question is, if I uninstall 57 and reinstall 56, will my "Session Manager" start working again, and give me a choice to get that session back?

Thanks.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Then, out of the blue, your "Session Manager" extension stopped working. I lost about 4 windows with scores of tabs.
surprise surprise - the last 10 pages here only concern SM as webextension - please read some more before you ask such questions.

thats reason why beta is not for regular folks - it only updates to beta like nightly to nightly.
and i dont understand why you dont use different profiles for your experiments. #-o
you should go back and legacy extension should be there, but i think there are side-effects possible because v57 also change again a lot.

btw this dont install 56 beta - install 56.0.1 final
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
:roll:
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Good idea on the 56.0.1 final.

The 57 WAS a lot faster, though, until it broke completely. If I could have frozen it in time before "Session Manager" broke, I would; until such time that my extensions are all brought up to modern versions.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

while you were asking in another thread i recommend you to install both extensions (see above -> "Tab Session Manager") and save sessions again in TSM, then copy profile to a new profile and upgrade firefox to v57.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

OK, I'll check it out when I have time. Do those two extensions both share the same "session info"? In other words, will they interchange with one another?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

no, they are complete different - while SM is legacy and has its own folder \sessions is TSM (webextension) storing here \browser-extension-data\Tab-Session-Manager@sienori

currently i never lost any session with firefox 57 - even with 100 tabs open. its session management has improved so much.
TSM is very equal to SM as i wrote above.