HELP by creating account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ThomasGoudswaard

HELP by creating account

Post by ThomasGoudswaard »

Hi everyone,

I want to access my outlook mail in Thunderbird. I start creating an account in Thunderbird, fill in my name, email address and password and I get an error message. It constantly says that my username or password is wrong. And I am 100% sure I fill in the right email address and password from my outlook account. Anyone who can help me out here? Many thanks in advance!
DanRaisch

Re: HELP by creating account

Post by DanRaisch »

By Outlook are you referring to Outlook.com or to some organizational Outlook server?
ThomasGoudswaard

Hi Dan Raisch, thank you for your reply,

I simply want to access my email via thunderbird. And whatever I try, I get this error message that thunderbird does not recognize the username and/or password (and I am sure I use the correct combination).
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I simply want to access my email via thunderbird.
I understand that and sympathize, but I'm trying to understand what type of account you are dealing with. So, again, is the account you want to set up in Thunderbird an account on the Outlook.com web mail system or a corporate/organizational email account?
ThomasGoudswaard

It is a corporate email account which we use within our office
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Your bad username/password error might not be due to the username/password you entered. If you had been using Outlook to access a Exchange server run by your employer find out whether it is running the optional POP and/or IMAP servers. Its possible Outlook had been connecting via EWS (Exchange Web Services) or ExtendedMAPI , neither of which Thunderbird supports. Some admins don't install the POP/IMAP servers to force people to stick with Outlook.

The best way to find out might be to ask your colleagues if they know of anybody successfully using a non-Microsoft email client with your corporate mail system.
ThomasGoudswaard

Hi Tanstaafl,

Thanks for the reply.