How do I edit a profile to remove bad add-ons?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

How do I edit a profile to remove bad add-ons?

Post by walkerpbus »

The subject says it all. I've done this so few times, I can't remember how. Thunderbird now hangs with [url]chrome://calendar/content/widgets/calendar-list-tree.xml:3[/url] which I've searched the whole PC for & is not here since I've uninstalled Chrome for too many ads.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Re: How do I edit a profile to remove bad add-ons?

Post by tanstaafl »

Start Thunderbird in safe mode by holding down the shift key when you double click on the Thunderbird shortcut. That will temporarily disable all add-ons, giving you a chance to delete some using tools -> add-ons.

"In a browser, the chrome is any visible aspect of a browser aside from the webpages themselves (e.g., toolbars, menu bar, tabs). This is not to be confused with the Google Chrome browser". I suspect the Lightning add-on is the culprit as it would want to add a calendar widget. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Chrome_URLs
walkerpbus

Re: How do I edit a profile to remove bad add-ons?

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:Start Thunderbird in safe mode by holding down the shift key when you double click on the Thunderbird shortcut. That will temporarily disable all add-ons, giving you a chance to delete some using tools -> add-ons.

"In a browser, the chrome is any visible aspect of a browser aside from the webpages themselves (e.g., toolbars, menu bar, tabs). This is not to be confused with the Google Chrome browser". I suspect the Lightning add-on is the culprit as it would want to add a calendar widget. See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Chrome_URLs"> ... me_URLs</a><!-- m -->
Thanks much It's OK
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.