Parsing error webconsole:css

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
enriquespain

Parsing error webconsole:css

Post by enriquespain »

I work with Thunderbird many years ago and when I check the emails to download them to my folders (not IMAP) I sometimes receive the following error messages with the differents version of Thunderbird:

Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘background-color’. Falling back to ‘initial’. webconsole.css:406:9402
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘border-top-color’. Falling back to ‘initial’. webconsole.css:407:9459
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘border-top-style’. Falling back to ‘initial’. webconsole.css:407:9459
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘border-top-width’. Falling back to ‘initial’. webconsole.css:407:9459
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘background-image’. Falling back to ‘initial’. webconsole.css:444:10354
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘border-bottom-width’. Falling back to ‘initial’. widgets.css:85:2908
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘border-top-width’. Falling back to ‘initial’. widgets.css:84:2850
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘min-height’. Falling back to ‘initial’. widgets.css:82:2742
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘margin-bottom’. Falling back to ‘initial’. widgets.css:87:3041
Property contained reference to invalid variable. Error in parsing value for ‘margin-top’. Falling back to ‘initial’.

It seems obviuosly that these messages are not a serious problem, but I wish to know if it is possible to change the css files in order to resolve the parsing error. And if I edit the css files, Thunderbird restore them to its previos versions? I have installed the latest Java version (1.8.0.144) in Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Thanks
tanstaafl

Re: Parsing error webconsole:css

Post by tanstaafl »

Thunderbird doesn't use java, it uses javascript. That is something completely different despite the similarity in names.

I don't know if webconsole.css refers to a alternative to the built-in error console similar to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... /console²/ or one of the developer tools mentioned in https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... eb_Console . There is not enough context in the error messages to know what that style sheet file is part of.

userChrome.css and userContent.css are optional .css files in the optional chrome directory in the profile. Any changes you make to them will survive when you upgrade Thunderbird. Any other .css files are probably either part of Thunderbird or an add-on, which means its just a matter of time before any edits you make get replaced.