[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Thanks for reporting, install 1.5.9beta1.
Thanks!
Version 1.5.9beta1 wrote:"[Fx fix] Fx55-56 & alt. download icon colors: color mismatch"
So now there's only the mismatch with the default icon state: Image. So can that be changed to modern too when choosing one of the modern buttons? (instead of whatever the mains icons style has)
Aris

Post by Aris »

The arrow has to be like that while downloading and when download is finished. You can use one of the available colors CTB provides: red, blue, green, orange.

The green icon part showing whitin your animation is part of the icon set and can not be changed to whatever one selects as download indicator icon.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:The green icon part showing whitin your animation is part of the icon set and can not be changed to whatever one selects as download indicator icon.
Yes, that's my problem. :) To me it would be preferable (more consistent and better looking) if the inactive state could also be modern. Why not? It only makes sense that if you change all the states of the icon. (Which if possible to the modern icon(s), which have all states)

I can imagine the two modern icons (with the different progress indicator) colors available, with different colors. Much like many other options. (eg: black/forward buttons) But you seem not interested in it. (And the previous one with the bar can actually considered "classic" since they changed it. :mrgreen: )
Aris

Post by Aris »

The Firefox 3 icon set offers the icons Firefox 3 offered and the icon for downloads button was like this, a small green arrow inside download icon on classic/XP ui or blue on Windows Aero ui.
You can still use green download icon indicator to almost match colors with Fx3 icon sets.

A while ago there was only one icon for everything showing a progress bar below it, while downloading, and some kind of badge or different icon brightness for finished downloads. But Mozilla decided to go this way and CTB only adopts for the last few versions of Firefox (55/56). No point in inventing or creating something new now.

I'm 100% sure switching to Firefox 52ESR, where all those things work fine, would make your life easier for while. No point in searching for issues on soon unsupported versions of Firefox anyway.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:The Firefox 3 icon set offers the icons Firefox 3 offered and the icon for downloads button was like this,
I see, but for other things you can move away from theme default icons. (back/forward buttons, dropmakers) But the download icon is condemned to this hybrid appearance.
Aris wrote:But Mozilla decided to go this way and CTB only adopts for the last few versions of Firefox (55/56). No point in inventing or creating something new now.
But letting one to keep the browser default inactive download icon, instead of (whichever) theme download icon isn't at all inventing new things. Just a minor adjustment.
Just requires adding an option that lets this, or not even that. Keep the FF default (inactive) download icon when choosing one of the modern options. (and recolor it when it's active, or finished) What sense does it make to have the "main icons style" icon when the user already chose a modern download icon.
(BTW I plan to stay on v56 for the foreseeable future.)
Aris wrote:I'm 100% sure switching to Firefox 52ESR, where all those things work fine, would make your life easier for while. No point in searching for issues on soon unsupported versions of Firefox anyway.
I don't think this ever worked the way I'd like. In ff52 the FF3 icon also remains if I choose a modern icon. (If not it still changes to the browser built in variant of the download icon during and after downloads) The only difference is the different progress indicator.
avada

Post by avada »

It feels like for whatever reason you're not getting what I'm saying.
Something like this makes sense to me for the "modern" options:
default-download-finished state: Image

(The example is only for red/green you get the idea I hope)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Looks like we are always talking about two different things. ;-)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your "promo" screenshots exactly describe the case where default icons and "modern downloads indicator" are used at once (well it was "new & modern" back then ;-)).

Selecting a different main icon style can only change the first of the mentioned states (default-download-finished state) and keep progress animation/finish animation. What you are requesting would override download buttons default state for all main icon states what is not my intention.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:What you are requesting would override download buttons default state for all main icon states what is not my intention.
Why not? The user selects "modern blue/green/red/orange" precisely to have a modern icon. They can leave it at default if they want to.

Or maybe a "download button" feature, with default/modern (maybe other style's default's) options beside the "download progress" feature.

(If not that either can you tell me what CSS to use to get the modern button for the default state. Then I won't bring this up again. Promise. :mrgreen: )
Aris

Post by Aris »

When the option for a colorized (download finish) indicator was introduced to CTB the "indicator" was quite new in Firefox. In order to show this new thingy back then it was allowed to replace the default download icon for finished downloads of whatever icon set the user has chosen. No reason to change default downloads icon from a predefined set now.

This will override the download icons default state of CTBs custom icon sets.

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
toolbar #downloads-button:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]):not([indicator="true"]){
  list-style-image: url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_45.png") !important;
}
toolbar #downloads-button:not(:-moz-any([progress],[counter],[paused],[attention])) #downloads-indicator-progress-outer{
  background: -moz-image-rect(url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_45.png"), 0, 198, 18, 180) center no-repeat !important;
}
toolbar:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #downloads-button:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]):not([indicator="true"]){
  list-style-image: url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_45i.png") !important;
}
toolbar:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #downloads-button:not(:-moz-any([progress],[counter],[paused],[attention])) #downloads-indicator-progress-outer{
  background: -moz-image-rect(url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_45i.png"), 0, 198, 18, 180) center no-repeat !important;
}
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote: This will override the download icons default state of CTBs custom icon sets.
Thanks!
James

Post by James »

Let's not side track things with PM talk especially more so since it is not much of a Firefox browser anymore.
Larusek

Post by Larusek »

Hi

I've recently ditched Firefox Nightly because of Web...crap and I'm trying to set up FF 52 ESR and Waterfox 55. One of many must-haves for me is constant width of location bar without any resizing so I need forward button always visible. I didn't know it could be such a pain :) Then I found this Aris' excellent extension and its option: "Restore hidden forward button". There is only one small glitch and I wonder if it could be somehow fixed:

If I didn't click back/forward button all looks perfect:

But if I actually use the browser it becomes (margin/padding issue):

It's the same on Firefox ESR and Waterfox with internal Developer/Compact Light theme. With default theme it's perfect all the time of course. But I hope it's simple to fix and I could manually add some lines to userchrome or something. Could you help ? :)
Larusek

Post by Larusek »

Hi.
Thanks Aris. Version 1.60b1 fixes Waterfox Compact themes margin issue but it doesn't fix Firefox 52 ESR internal Developer theme:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/MxwcTEj ... X4C1Zg.png

I also discovered today that color of the unhidden forward button is little different than back button when both are inactive. It happens with default and light/developer themes. Take a look:

Image Image

Is it possible to fix this either?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Different opacity values for forward buttons and other buttons lead to this color discrepancy.

This and the 52ESR issue will be fixed on next beta.