Incoming mail from daughter goes directly to Trash -help

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
fdm2000

Incoming mail from daughter goes directly to Trash -help

Post by fdm2000 »

Using TB 52.4.0 with Win 7 64 bit. lately messages from my daughter go directly to the trash folder. I have searched my junk mail lists and blocked mail lists and her email address does not appear. I also use spamfighter and her address is not blocked there either. As far as I can determine no other desired incoming messages except those that I have set up filters for go directly to trash. For several months we have used PC to cell phone texting - that is I send her messages from my PC via TB to her cell phone and she sends me messages from her cell phone to my PC that I read on TB inbox. For some unknow reason now I have to search in Trash to find her messages.

I have Compact folders set to run automatically each time I open TB inbox so an uncompacted folders should not be a factor.

TX
Frank
DanRaisch

Re: Incoming mail from daughter goes directly to Trash -help

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
fdm2000

Post by fdm2000 »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Dan responded..."How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue."

Thanks for the response Dan, MY TB account is set up as a POP mail server. Do you think deleting and reinstalling TB would help?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you think deleting and reinstalling TB would help?
Unlikely. You might try deleting any existing filters that refer to your daughter's name/email address and recreating them.
fdm2000

Post by fdm2000 »

"
Unlikely. You might try deleting any existing filters that refer to your daughter's name/email address and recreating them.

I have searched all of my listed filters and her name/email address is not found. Wondering if the fact that her email address is her phone number@mms.att.net. Although early on her messages from her iPhone came to my Inbox and not to my Trash folder?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Is her email address (phone number) included in your address book?
It could be that Thunderbird is identifying the message as Junk and moving it to Trash if that is the setting selected in the Junk Mail Controls. Try making sure that her number/address is in an address book in Thunderbird and then use menu path Tools->Account Settings->Junk Settings->select the address book in which her contact info appears under "Do not automatically mark mail as junk if the sender is in:"
fdm2000

Post by fdm2000 »

DanRaisch wrote:Is her email address (phone number) included in your address book?
It could be that Thunderbird is identifying the message as Junk and moving it to Trash if that is the setting selected in the Junk Mail Controls. Try making sure that her number/address is in an address book in Thunderbird and then use menu path Tools->Account Settings->Junk Settings->select the address book in which her contact info appears under "Do not automatically mark mail as junk if the sender is in:"
Thanks Dan - her phone number/email address is located in Personal Address Book. Also will checked do not automatically mark as junk Will await her next messaging to see if it goes to the Inbox.
fdm2000

Post by fdm2000 »

DanRaisch wrote:
Is her email address (phone number) included in your address book?

Your advice appears to be working - got a message from daughter using her phone/email address and it came to my Inbox - did not got to Trash as in the recent past.

many thanks for your help Dan
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.

By the way, when posting and quoting a previous reply, there's no need to retype the quote. Just click on the "Quote" button in the reply you want to quote. It will show in your new post as a quotation.