[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Cmink

Re: [EXT] S3.Translator

Post by Cmink »

Hi, thanks for WebExtensions publish. I had some minimal trouble with settings being badly transported to the new version, but after that... works like a charm :>
pag77

Post by pag77 »

rayquaza88 wrote:would be nice to have the drawing tool for kanjis and other characters and It would be great although i dont know if possible to be able to press a button that enables to use the keyboard to type characters in other languages without needing to change the configuration of your operative system.
thank you for your suggestion!
Cmink wrote:Hi, thanks for WebExtensions publish. I had some minimal trouble with settings being badly transported to the new version, but after that... works like a charm :>
Thank you! :)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Condor06 wrote:Is it possible to make automatically closing flying windows when redirected to another tab (for example, going to Google Translate page from translation (flying) window)? I think that this would be very useful.
after click this button?
Condor06 wrote:It it possible to make permanent setting for source language, i.e. not using "detect language" every time? Tried this from flying window, but addon does not remember setting.
it's a bug - please wait 6.2 version
Condor06 wrote:Would be very thankful if you can please add option to automatically open flying window on text/word selection and translate the content (I think that this is a minor effort, but can be useful to many users except me).
Please try this option:
Supersayano

Post by Supersayano »

Hello

Why can not the floating window be resized? And why do scroll bars appear on the sides of said window that partially hide the contents of said window?

Regards...
salam2009

Post by salam2009 »

Hi,
Is it possible to remove the addon entry from the right-click menu? Maybe through userChrome.css?
Thanks so much for the WE support! :)
max2

Post by max2 »

salam2009 wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to remove the addon entry from the right-click menu? Maybe through userChrome.css?
Thanks so much for the WE support! :)
I would like to know this too!
max2

Post by max2 »

Also the floating window doesn't come up for me on addons.mozilla.org when I try to translate some text. Why ?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Supersayano wrote:Why can not the floating window be resized? And why do scroll bars appear on the sides of said window that partially hide the contents of said window?
it may be a conflict with other add-on.
please temporarily disable the other add-ons and check again your problem
salam2009 wrote:Is it possible to remove the addon entry from the right-click menu? Maybe through userChrome.css?
please wait 6.2 version
max2 wrote:Also the floating window doesn't come up for me on addons.mozilla.org when I try to translate some text. Why ?
Translate-WebExtensions Limitations:

1. Not processed some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
2. Not processed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
3. Not processed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
4. Not processed on the extensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
max2

Post by max2 »

pag77 wrote:
Supersayano wrote:Why can not the floating window be resized? And why do scroll bars appear on the sides of said window that partially hide the contents of said window?
it may be a conflict with other add-on.
please temporarily disable the other add-ons and check again your problem
salam2009 wrote:Is it possible to remove the addon entry from the right-click menu? Maybe through userChrome.css?
please wait 6.2 version
max2 wrote:Also the floating window doesn't come up for me on addons.mozilla.org when I try to translate some text. Why ?
Translate-WebExtensions Limitations:

1. Not processed some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
2. Not processed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
3. Not processed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
4. Not processed on the extensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."

Thanks! :D
Supersayano

Post by Supersayano »

pag77 thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it can not be a conflict with another addon since s3.translator is the ONLY addon I have installed.

I paste here a screenshot of the problem for clarity. In it you can see the scroll bars mentioned.

Regards...
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Supersayano wrote:I paste here a screenshot of the problem for clarity. In it you can see the scroll bars mentioned.
I'm sorry, but I can not reproduce your problem
you can show problems via Teamviewer?
http://www.teamviewer.com/

I do not harm your computer.
I only need your browser
Supersayano

Post by Supersayano »

Thank you again for your help and interest.
We can connect through TeamViewer, no problem about it. But I think that it is not going to be necessary anymore, since the problem has already been solved.
Apparently this script that was in the userContent.css file was the one that was causing the incompatibility.

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

body,
textarea {
  overflow-y: scroll;
}
I do not even remember why that script was there, I'm sure I put it some years ago for some reason. The fact is that once the script has been deleted everything has been fixed.
Thanks anyway and greetings...
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Supersayano wrote:Thank you again for your help and interest.
We can connect through TeamViewer, no problem about it. But I think that it is not going to be necessary anymore, since the problem has already been solved.
Apparently this script that was in the userContent.css file was the one that was causing the incompatibility.

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

body,
textarea {
  overflow-y: scroll;
}
I do not even remember why that script was there, I'm sure I put it some years ago for some reason. The fact is that once the script has been deleted everything has been fixed.
Thanks anyway and greetings...
Thank you for your good news! :)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 6.2
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3google-translator/

changes:
added: "ESC" key for close translation box
changes: new algorithm for the context menu
fixed: clicking a close button
fixed: minor bug fixes
Cmink

Post by Cmink »

Ok, there is a minor bug that affect user experience.

Most often I use S3.Translator to translate selected fragment. In settings, I've chosen Action after a long click and 200 milliseconds delay, with translation being opened in new window. Before update, I selected text, than long-clicked on selection and the window appeared. After update to WebExt version it more-or-less works like that, with minor drawbacks:

- sometimes add-on throws up translation while I'm still selecting the text, interrupting the selection process. Very problematic for people like me, who compulsively select everything they read
- before update, window popped-up after 200 milliseconds, while I was still holding down left mouse button. Now when I correctly select the text and long-click, translation window appears after I release the left mouse button and wait a bit.

Issues occur on two non-synchronized PCs, with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. On PC I'm writing from now, uBlock Origin is the only other addon.

And Yes I did update to 6.2 and re-checked before posting :)