Problems With Adrian's 64 bit 2.51

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
speedo1952

Problems With Adrian's 64 bit 2.51

Post by speedo1952 »

Does the 64 bit version have real advantages over the 32 bit version and if not then maybe the 32 bit version will be better.

That said, here are the problems:

1. Certain websites which I know very well send email notifications of replies to posts; whenever those emails are received there is a warning in big red letters stating that "SeaMonkey regards this message as an email scam" and I don't see a method of eliminating the warning, or training SeaMonkey so that it treats the website as trusted and stops the warning.

2. With three websites, all using the same webmaster, notices of responses to threads I am subscribed to do not appear in my SeaMonkey mailbox, although they DO appear in my ISP mailbox. What happens with my emails, is that they are first routed to my ISP (Optimum Online) and then forwarded to my email client (SeaMonkey mail). I do not see any filters on AdBlocker which I have installed. The webmaster cannot find a problem with my account settings. I believe that SeaMonkey mail is blocking these three websites from forwarding from Optimum to SeaMonkey mail.
DanRaisch

Re: Problems With Adrian's 64 bit 2.51

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.

1. Did you try (in the Mail & Newgroups window) menu path Edit->Preferences->Junk & Suspect Mail->Suspect Mail->uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm reading is a suspected email scam"?

2. In what folder do they appear in the ISP's "mailbox"? Are they in the inbox or in some junk/bulk/spam folder?
How is the account set up in SeaMonkey, as a POP or IMAP account? Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type.
James

Post by James »

er Dan this is Not a Release build or official builds at that. The current release is SM 2.48 and the upcoming release will be 2.49.1 or 2.49.2. This was more appropriate in SeaMonkey Builds.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, back it goes.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

er Dan this is Not an official builds at that. This was more appropriate in Third Party Builds.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

2.51 has several problems which were never resolved. Unless Adrian puts newer builds on a server I can't recommend running it if you want to get support.

If you want I can provide a 2.49.1 or 2.53. 2.54 and up are currently unusable. We are still patching them up but this is an uphill battle right now with Mozilla effectively destroying the old codebase.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Frank Lion wrote:er Dan this is Not an official builds at that. This was more appropriate in Third Party Builds.
Off to Third Party Builds.
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to SeaMonkey Support.

1. Did you try (in the Mail & Newgroups window) menu path Edit->Preferences->Junk & Suspect Mail->Suspect Mail->uncheck "Tell me if the message I'm reading is a suspected email scam"?

2. In what folder do they appear in the ISP's "mailbox"? Are they in the inbox or in some junk/bulk/spam folder?
How is the account set up in SeaMonkey, as a POP or IMAP account? Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type.
Thank you. I unchecked the box per your instruction #1! Never saw that in settings.

In ISP mailbox they are in the inbox. Bulk mailbox is empty. There are no junk settings available.

SeaMonkey is a POP mail server.
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

frg wrote:2.51 has several problems which were never resolved. Unless Adrian puts newer builds on a server I can't recommend running it if you want to get support.

If you want I can provide a 2.49.1 or 2.53. 2.54 and up are currently unusable. We are still patching them up but this is an uphill battle right now with Mozilla effectively destroying the old codebase.
Thanks frg. Are they 64 bit builds? If so where can I find them.

I'd rather go back to a 32 bit supported version unless there are advantages with a 64 bit version.
therube

Post by therube »

32 vs 64 is mainly if there is an advantage to you.
And the only advantage I can think of, is if you (your browsing session) uses large amounts of RAM, so > 2 GB.

Around that level, 32-bit browser is more likely to freeze/crash compared to 64-bit.

64-bit should allow you to use more RAM before petering out.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

> Thanks frg. Are they 64 bit builds? If so where can I find them.

I will send you a pm later. Just doing new builds. These are my internal test builds and I want them not distributed freely.

> I'd rather go back to a 32 bit supported version unless there are advantages with a 64 bit version.

mapi is broken in all x64 Thunderbird and SeaMonkey builds. But if you didn't notice yet you probably don't need it :) I am on x64 since 2.40 and performance wise they are mostly similar. With bigger mailboxes x64 rules.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

pm send. let me know how they do. You can pick from 2.49.1 and 2.53 x86 or x64. latest source from 1h ago.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

frg wrote:pm send. let me know how they do. You can pick from 2.49.1 and 2.53 x86 or x64. latest source from 1h ago.
do you still have any of these new adrian SM builds available, frg? I want just the x64 builds since I'm using Win7 x64 with 8Gb of RAM.
therube

Post by therube »

At this point, I'd think you'd want Frank's (frg) x64 build, based of the current (but not yet quite released ;-)) 2.49.1.
And yes, I'd like that too ;-).

Adrian's build is fine, & what I have been & am currently running, & can be had here, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14766347.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

frg wrote:> Thanks frg. Are they 64 bit builds? If so where can I find them.

I will send you a pm later. Just doing new builds. These are my internal test builds and I want them not distributed freely.

> I'd rather go back to a 32 bit supported version unless there are advantages with a 64 bit version.

mapi is broken in all x64 Thunderbird and SeaMonkey builds. But if you didn't notice yet you probably don't need it :) I am on x64 since 2.40 and performance wise they are mostly similar. With bigger mailboxes x64 rules.

FRG
FRG.....sorry for late reply. My 2.51 from Adrian only has a mailbox issue which is due to blocked websites which my ISP is unwilling to resolve. Other than that it works OK. Only that It seems like a very long time since I updated it.

Thanks for your PM with link to newer (and older) versions.

In any case, would I be better off waiting for the next patched version or should I revert to 2.49.1. I'm not confident enough to patch your 2.53 version.

Thanks.

PS: My inbox has 8500 messages and my outbox has 700. Is x64 helping me?