How to always display all tags associated with the URL?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xc9Xf9cR9Z

How to always display all tags associated with the URL?

Post by xc9Xf9cR9Z »

Firefox used to show all the tags associated with an URL in the Awesome bar in versions -48 as opposed to now when you have to type letters that match the tag for it to be visible.

Is there any setting or add-on available to get the old behavior back?
therube

Re: How to always display all tags associated with the URL?

Post by therube »

So you're saying, in earlier FF, you could type abo or abou, & that would find the tag 'aboutrhinosaur'.
And with 56 you would have to fully type, 'aboutrhinosaur'?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
xc9Xf9cR9Z

Post by xc9Xf9cR9Z »

therube wrote:So you're saying, in earlier FF, you could type abo or abou, & that would find the tag 'aboutrhinosaur'.
And with 56 you would have to fully type, 'aboutrhinosaur'?
No. It used to be that you didn't have to type any letters matching the tag at all, and it still showed up when you typed in the URL.

For example: You have 'example.com' bookmarked and tagged it with '2017'. It then used to be that you typed 'example.com' and you would see the tag as well, whereas now, you have to type 'example.com' and then the number '2' for the tag to show in the URL-bar.

Hope that's a better explanation.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i think you miss an extension - look into your older profiles (or backups) which one. currently firefox dont show tags, keywords or additional text when showing suggestions from bookmarks - only url and title
xc9Xf9cR9Z

Post by xc9Xf9cR9Z »

Brummelchen wrote:...currently firefox dont show tags, keywords or additional text when showing suggestions from bookmarks - only url and title
So you don't ever see tags in the address bar drop down list?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

I always change the description in the Name field when bookmarking the page to something which summarizes what the topic is about. Much easier than using tags I find.
xc9Xf9cR9Z

Post by xc9Xf9cR9Z »

Reflective wrote:I always change the description in the Name field when bookmarking the page to something which summarizes what the topic is about. Much easier than using tags I find.
That's what I've been resorting to as well since I moved back from ESR 48. I even found an excellent little Java program called fox2chrome-tags that made it possible to get all my old tags into the title, and that works great for most occasions, but in some situations I just find tags to be much superior.