Flash Update Bad

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
troothteller

Re: Flash Update Bad

Post by troothteller »

I don't know anything about these details, but only what my computer does. Through an email link, my antivirus technical support account opened in SeaMonkey. Even with the Flash Player rolled back, it buffered and froze. I could not access options in the account I created. Whey the browser offers the options, "Continue, Debug or Stop Script," I wish it would figure out what "Stop" means. Now I have to open up another browser to communicate with my antivirus supplier.
therube

Post by therube »

(There is another Flash update [like when isn't there], 27.0.0.170, security fixes this time [actually the one the other day was one of the few that did not have security fixes in it].)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

I am waiting for Adobe to get back to me since they referred problems to one of their developers related to the last update. Now, I have a problem downloading and, even if I can download a file, opening the file. Error messages come up about Internet security settings; and it happens regardless of which browser I use. This is bad because I detected the malware JS:Trojan.Script.DRZ. Even though I removed it, I suspect that other instances are hiding in other files; but I cannot download anything that will scan for it. So, if Adobe has a fix available, then as long as this current problem persists, I will not be able to download and install it anyway. With this last problem downloading and opening files, I may be wrong; but I do not trust Kaspersky, my antivirus provider, who had me running this on this computer for their purposes.
frg

Post by frg »

2.49.1 candidate 4 is done. Might help with your problem because 2.46 already is not the latest release.

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... ld4/win32/

Please backup your profile if you want to go back to a previous release.

FRG
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

I will not update SeaMonkey until your "Check For Updates" says I have to. Meanwhile, my anger with this extension or plugin issue may be misplaced. I never had problems downloading and opening files due to such things as extensions or plugins. So, I suspect that Kaspersky's diagnostic ordeals are causing this big mess up. Therefore, I am going to Staples since I purchased Kaspersky at Staples with a service contract.
frg

Post by frg »

> I will not update SeaMonkey until your "Check For Updates" says I have to.

In this case it will be never. Updates from 2.46 to 2.48 are broken in most cases. It would need a 2.46 point release to make them work and this would be a tremendous amount of work. So will not happen. I hope that 2.48 to 2.49.1 will work but that is unfortunately not a sure thing with the everchanging backend systems.

FRG
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

It occurred to me at Staples that Microsoft offered lately a few updates which, appearing essential, I applied. Though I know of no current issues with them, I have restore points that make the problem one easy to undo in case one of them caused this download and run problem. As yet I have not posted to the Microsoft Answers forum.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Flash Player has been recently updated to version 27.0.0.183. Get the KB4051613 update if using Win8.1 or Win10.
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

Though I am on Windows 7 64-Bit, I already downloaded and installed 27.0.0.183, which was a beta version when I discovered it. So far there are no stability problems.