I hate the new addon pages

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
henryg_1

I hate the new addon pages

Post by henryg_1 »

I finally managed to get my preferred list (newest Windows extensions by date) via the search function, but the list no longer shows the date updated. Change for change sake. What a PITA :evil: :evil: :evil:
Regards

Henry
LIMPET235

Re: I hate the new addon pages

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to the Builds Forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

The change was made for the upcoming release of Firefox 57 which is the biggest change that has ever made to Firefox.
The AMO website tends to be redesigned when major changes are made to Firefox. Like with Firefox 3.6, then with 4.0, and then Firefox 29.

When you are viewing a specific extension, scroll down to More Information and see Last updated to see when that version was released. Plus there is a hyperlink to See all versions to get a listing of all releases for that extension.

That said from what I have seen posted, viewing AMO with Firefox 57 will only show WebExtensions and not any of the older Legacy extensions which aren't compatible with the 57 Release version. If you happen to be using a prior version the Legacy extensions can be displayed with the new format. Beyond that it will take a bit of learning where everything is at, and may take some time to get used to.

Overall, I am not thrilled with AMO being changed, but then again I am not happy with the way Firefox is being changed, either. It will probably take to until Firefox 60 or 61 before I will be using the latest version of Firefox for much of anything. I am still using Firefox 38 ESR and Firefox 41 for almost everything I do on the internet, although I may move from Firefox 41 to 52 ESR within the next month or so.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

very below - switch view - and keep the mamo cookie
henryg_1

Post by henryg_1 »

I want the new firefox addons equivalent to

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... rt=updated

note the "updated" date for each item which I cannot seem to get now. Perhaps there is way other than using the search method.
Regards

Henry
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

replace "thunderbird" with "firefox"!? that simple:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ppver=57.0