default search engine

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ram Rod

default search engine

Post by Ram Rod »

I've just gone through a couple of Firefox updates this past week. Since doing the updates, I've had issues using EBay and I can't get rid of the Yahoo search engine.
EBay suggested I change my browser from FF to Chrome, and no matter how many times I go into FF setting and see Google as default, I cannot get rid of the Yahoo search. I have done way too much just in the past 48 hours to get rid of it to no avail.
Is anyone else having these issues? I haven't found anything online that's current for the issue and I've browsed around here as well.
I've also noticed that web pages are not loading as fast and along with that, some seem to be loading perpetually or don't fully load at all.
I know that's a whole lot of stuff to lay down here all at one time, but I'm at wits end. I hate Yahoo search and it sucks anyway. Like using IE
Any advice would be appreciated.
the-edmeister

Re: default search engine

Post by the-edmeister »

You may have picked up the Search.yahoo.com redirect virus.

Please see this. https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-search-yahoo-com/
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Ram Rod

Re: default search engine

Post by Ram Rod »

Thank you. Things seem to be running fine now and yahoo problem solved. It was way deep and the link you provided I had seen before. It just looked like quite a bit to do. The Malwarebytes program is the one that ended up nailing it. Neither of the other two programs came up with anything. I'll likely keep the MWB and subscribe. It appears it was a MicroSoft update. Yeah.......say it aint so right? It just happened to coincide with recent two FF updates. I've had to start all over and reset my FF and lost some good add ons in the process. I'm still re-configuring a lot of things. But I'm happier now.
You know? One would think this stuff shouldn't be as complicated as it is sometimes. I am careful and I do maintain my machine. Thing is these sneaky little programs are like the democrats throwing in something that will line their pockets to a bill that might do the American public some good for once. It ought to be illegal.
Thanks again