Issue + Your 57 Cookie Plans

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
costark

Issue + Your 57 Cookie Plans

Post by costark »

The Mozilla Github (57) Ext Finder only shows 3 results for "Cookie", but because it shows Whitelist AND - I saw a FF 56 user post about using it, I tried to dnload Cookie Auto-Delete.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... utodelete/

All I get is "Couldn't Dnload re Connection Error".
IS there any generic reason a Dnload Link would show this?
I posted on the requd Github Sppt site but see 7-day old posts not answered.

dfoulkes, brummelchen, edmeister, etc you experts -- What are your Cookie Mgr plans for 57?
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
therube

Re: Issue + Your 57 Cookie Plans

Post by therube »

Are you trying to "download" or "install" (Add to Firefox)?

Seems to do both on my end.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

WFM

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

/me using that extension

for the connection error - is valid (reported earlier). could be a change in the new AMO design.

very below -> "View classic desktop site". if error still exists its mozilla server - if not, its the new design.
costark

Post by costark »

Brummelchen wrote:/me using that extension

for the connection error - is valid (reported earlier). could be a change in the new AMO design.

very below -> "View classic desktop site". if error still exists its mozilla server - if not, its the new design.
Thanks, Brummelchen ....... I Clk'd on that Classic Desktop Link (page bottom blacked-out area) and the "Add to Firefox" Link there, and got the same Connection Error Msg.
IF there was something I could change I presume you would have told me.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

costark wrote:Connection Error".
What happens if you right-click the Add to Firefox button and choose Save Link As? Are you able to save the XPI file to your desktop? If yes, afterwards open the Add-ons Mananger, click the cog button next to the search box, and choose Install Add-on from File.
costark wrote:What are your Cookie Mgr plans for 57?
I need an add-on that can toggle the global cookie setting and clear session cookies on-demand. Webextensions currently can't do the former, and can but don't do the latter. So for a while now I've kept about:preferences#privacy always open in a tab so that I can more easily toggle the cookie setting. I usually just let session cookies get cleared on shutdown now, or I occasionally remove them manually.
costark

Post by costark »

Gingerbread Man wrote:
costark wrote:Connection Error".
What happens if you right-click the Add to Firefox button and choose Save Link As? Are you able to save the XPI file to your desktop? If yes, afterwards open the Add-ons Mananger, click the cog button next to the search box, and choose Install Add-on from File.
costark wrote:What are your Cookie Mgr plans for 57?
I need an add-on that can toggle the global cookie setting and clear session cookies on-demand. Webextensions currently can't do the former, and can but don't do the latter. So for a while now I've kept about:preferences#privacy always open in a tab so that I can more easily toggle the cookie setting. I usually just let session cookies get cleared on shutdown now, or I occasionally remove them manually.
Thank You! THAT worked !!

Did you note the warning that IF you set a quick Delete Time Vs 1-Minute Default that it can Break Sites that use (ie) PayPal for order payment.
Do you open a 2nd Merchant Tab as suggested or use longer Cookie Delete Time?

Coming from Cookie Whitelist w/Buttons, which I faked my way through; Cookie Logic not my strength but glad I can try this.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

try containers - its a closed & separated firefox (v57)
costark

Post by costark »

Brummelchen wrote:try containers - its a closed & separated firefox (v57)
Great! Reads like it ought to be a Default Fx Feature.
Again, Many Thanks!

P.S. As with Cookie Auto-Delete the Add to Firebox Button wouldn't work re" Connection Error", SO I did the Rt Clk "Save Link As" approach you suggested to Install it.