[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by Aris »

Nothing like that happens for me. Sound like a "Brief" bug anyway as CTR only provides the add-on bar, but does not fill it with content.

- Fx 56
- Brief icon in add-on bar
- added a feed to brief
- icon shows a badge of 30 feeds
- opened Brief, marked group a read
- nothing special happened

Make sure you are testing CTR and Brief without any other add-ons or scripts. I suggest to use Portable Firefox for testing.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Aris wrote:Nothing like that happens for me. Sound like a "Brief" bug anyway as CTR only provides the add-on bar, but does not fill it with content.

- Fx 56
- Brief icon in add-on bar
- added a feed to brief
- icon shows a badge of 30 feeds
- opened Brief, marked group a read
- nothing special happened

Make sure you are testing CTR and Brief without any other add-ons or scripts. I suggest to use Portable Firefox for testing.
Works correctly in a new Fx profile--and I may have another clue: A day or two ago, I added two new rss feeds, which appear in Brief, but are not in my Bookmarks/RSS Feeds Given that the problem only went away when I disabled CTR, and not with disabling any other extensions, I concluded, incorrectly, that the problem lay with CTR. I wonder if there is any way to fix my Brief setup short of creating a new Fx profile. Removing the two new feeds and restarting Fx did fix the problem, alas.

Another clue to something else malicious: Localstore.rdf file keeps getting corrupted, which I had not seen happen until a few days ago. Whatever it is, it might cause a problem with creating a new profile by copying the relevant files from old to new, not knowing that one such file might be the proximate cause.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

This is not meant to be anything whatsoever but a simple follow-up to my previous message, especially with the forthcoming release of Fx 57, whereupon CTR won't work. Having realized after several attempts to fix the problem with Brief, I found that I was using a quite old method of adding news feeds; this came about at least a few years ago, when a new release of Brief had no instructions on how to find your feeds; while there was an on-screen link upon installing the extension, that did not go anywhere.

Someone, now not remembered by me, found that you had to use SQLite File Manger, find the mozbookmarks code for your rss feeds, and enter that number into extensions.brief.homeFolder. This worked fine until the recent Brief update, when I started getting the feeds scrawling across the add-on bar as soon as I deleted any news feeds, and found that disabling CTR fixed that.

Having finally realized what at least part of the problem was, i created a new Fx profile, and entered my rss feeds using the method that the Brief instructions now provide. Having tested this, I started to install extensions, the first of which was CTR. Sadly, the problem returned; why, I have no idea, nor this close to Fx 57, do I care.

Please do NOT consider this under any circumstances to be anything more than a simple report of what I have found. It is NOT to be taken as a gripe, a complaint, nor anything else negative. I consider that the case is closed, closing with my sincere thanks to Aris for his amazing contribution of CTR. There is tradition in the structural fire service of a `tip of the helmet,' as a recognition of service above and beyond the normal. As a now-retired one-time volunteer fire chief and career fire chief, Aris please accept my `tip of the helmet,' you have earned and deserve it.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Thank you for supporting Waterfox.

Any reason for not including the Background colours in Tabs > Color & text appearance for: hovered, default, unloaded & unread ?
Aris

Post by Aris »

All settings are there, if you are not using a complete/full theme or default curved tabs.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

DOH me had changed the Tab settings

Thanks and sorry for my stupidity
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

@Aris: Do you intend to support this effort by making CTR compatible?

http://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Aris

Post by Aris »

If this browser supports xul based add-ons the same way Firefox 45-56 does, current CTR will work without any additional changes.
As for now there are no binaries ready to test, so I can not tell more than that.
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

Aris wrote:If this browser supports xul based add-ons the same way Firefox 45-56 does, current CTR will work without any additional changes.
As for now there are no binaries ready to test, so I can not tell more than that.
Just wanted to bring it to your attention. You may want to verify that everything is working once the first builds are out. From what I have read, you can roughly expect Firefox 52 ESR level of compatibility. Would be great if I could continue using CTR this way. Along with Tab Mix Plus, it's the only reason to use Firefox/Waterfox for me.

In this capacity I want to thank you for your tremendous efforts over the last three years. It's been one hell of a task for sure. You were always able to respond to problems efficiently and in a friendly manner. Highly recommended developer!
Aris

Post by Aris »

Everything is working in Fx 52 (ESR). If Basilisk/Moebius is based on Fx 52, it won't miss any CTR features.

The first Firefox version where some CTR settings/features stopped working is Firefox 55.

Fx55
- general favicon settings

Fx56
- spaces, flexible spaces, separators (> customize mode)
- appmenu > webdeveloper popup

I have no intention to fix these issues. Firefox 56 is basically dead and will be replaced by Firefox 57 tomorrow, Waterfox is based on Firefox 55 and Firefox 52 is not affected by the above issues, so the only missing feature will be the 'general favicon' settings in Waterfox.
sensitive

Post by sensitive »

On tab close default icons x i don't like the highlighting part.
Aris

Post by Aris »

CTR offers different close icons. Chose another.
sensitive

Post by sensitive »

Aris wrote:CTR offers different close icons. Chose another.
there all highlighted.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Set tab close icon to default and add this code to CTRs custom CSS area (it will always keep default state):

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul){

/* Tabs toolbar tab close button (Fx31+) */
	#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar :-moz-any(#tabs-closebutton,#ctraddon_tabs-closebutton,#tabmix-tabs-closebutton){
	  -moz-image-region: rect(0, 16px, 16px, 0) !important;
	  -moz-appearance: none !important;
	  border: none !important;
	  padding: 0px !important;
	  list-style-image: url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/close.png") !important;
	}
	#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar :-moz-any(#tabs-closebutton,#ctraddon_tabs-closebutton,#tabmix-tabs-closebutton):hover{
	}
	#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar :-moz-any(#tabs-closebutton,#ctraddon_tabs-closebutton,#tabmix-tabs-closebutton):hover:active {
	}

/* Tab close button */
	#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button {
	  -moz-appearance: none !important;
	  border: none !important;
	  padding: 0px !important;
	  list-style-image: url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/close.png") !important;
	}

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button:hover,
	#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button:hover[selected="true"] {
	}

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button:hover:active,
	#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button:hover:active[selected="true"] {
	}

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([protected]):not([autoReload]) .tab-close-button[selected="true"] {
	}

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button{
	  opacity: 1.0 !important;
	}

#TabsToolbar .close-icon > .toolbarbutton-icon {
	  width: 16px !important;
	}

}
Edit
Fixed code.
Last edited by Aris on November 14th, 2017, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.