'Remember Logins and Passwords' settings not being saved

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Bookworm111

'Remember Logins and Passwords' settings not being saved

Post by Bookworm111 »

Hi. My question is about Firefox remembering the setting I've chosen for remembering my logins and passwords. I like having Firefox remember these for all the sites I need to log onto so I've always checked the box 'Remember logins and passwords for websites' under Options/Privacy & Security/Browser Privacy/Forms & Passwords. It works fine for as long as I'm logged into my computer. Once I log off however and then log on again none of my logins and passwords are filling in automatically. I'll go back to check on Privacy & Security and the box for 'Remember logins and passwords for websites' has become unchecked since my last use. This has been happening every time since the latest Firefox update. I'll even choose the option 'Firefox will remember history' and that too becomes "unchecked" each time I log off my computer and log on again.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get Firefox to remember the settings for remembering my logins and passwords I'd really appreciate it. I currently have Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit) and Windows 10. It's funny because ever since the latest update Firefox has been running much more smoothly for me; no crashes or hanging or anything. Just this one problem with the passwords setting.
DanRaisch

Re: 'Remember Logins and Passwords' settings not being saved

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you running Ccleaner or any other such system clean up utility?
Bookworm111

Post by Bookworm111 »

DanRaisch wrote:Are you running Ccleaner or any other such system clean up utility?
No. But I forgot to mention I do have TrendMicro Maximum Security for antivirus protection. Do you think something with that could be causing it? I don't use their password manager feature, just the antivirus part. But I did just recently renew my Trend Micro subscription.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't know if you can 'temp disable TrendMicro' while in Windows... if you can't then you might want to think about restarting your system in safe-mode (with network active) and then give Firefox a try... activate those setting boxes that got cleared out... do some work, check those boxes... if they are cleared again then it's not Trend doing it... if they are still checked... then it is Trend. Remember, not AV software is running in safe-mode. Also, you aren't running more than one AV/Security product at the same time are you?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Bookworm111

Post by Bookworm111 »

dfoulkes wrote:I don't know if you can 'temp disable TrendMicro' while in Windows... if you can't then you might want to think about restarting your system in safe-mode (with network active) and then give Firefox a try... activate those setting boxes that got cleared out... do some work, check those boxes... if they are cleared again then it's not Trend doing it... if they are still checked... then it is Trend. Remember, not AV software is running in safe-mode. Also, you aren't running more than one AV/Security product at the same time are you?
Thanks so much for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. It turns out when my Trend Micro subscription renewed it also came with something called Password Manager. I'd never used it but apparently it was affecting my computer remembering my passwords and logins. Once I uninstalled the Password Manager part of Trend Micro and restarted my computer my passwords & logins settings were remembered and I've had no more trouble with it. Thanks again for the suggestions :)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!