Can I password protect a profile?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Alfred001

Can I password protect a profile?

Post by Alfred001 »

I share a laptop with someone and I'd like FF to memorize all my passwords and to auto-login at various sites, but I don't want the other person accessing my profiles.

Is there a way to do this?

The thing that comes to my mind is possibly password protecting a profile, but I've never used profiles so IDK whether this is possible.
dfoulkes

Re: Can I password protect a profile?

Post by dfoulkes »

In Options and in Security... there is Master PW... that should handle your issue... just don't forget your MP.

Plus you need to create another profile for that user and then they can set it up the way they like...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Below is (also) .. info about having more that one profile running at the same time.
Opening a new instance of your Mozilla application with another profile - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

Windows is a multi-user operating system. It is easy as pie to create another Windows user account, with their own entirely separate (and private, if desired) set of files and settings.
Firefox is perfectly capable of running correctly in such an environment. That is the intended and preferred way for two persons to use a single program.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Very good point!
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!