Photobucket Embed fix for SeaMonkey??

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Bob Fam1

Photobucket Embed fix for SeaMonkey??

Post by Bob Fam1 »

Is there a Photobucket Embed fix for SeaMonkey to allow viewing blocked Photobucket images. There is one for Chrome and Firefox. If so where can I find it? Thanks, Bob.
therube

Re: Photobucket Embed fix for SeaMonkey??

Post by therube »

Link to the fix for Chrome?

And I would think, if there is a "fix", that trashbucket would block that fix (on their end).
Plus, if there were some "fix", the fix would only work for those who have installed (some presumed) extension, so only they (as in like, you) would see would see these images & those without the extension would see, well, you know.

Only two "fixes" come to mind for me. Pay or leave.
(I left, stopped using actually, long ago.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

Here's a link: https://github.com/Ryan-Myers/photobucket-embed-fix

It should be possible to create an extension for SeaMonkey that does the same thing, but I don't know if one exists.
therube

Post by therube »

Until looking at the sample page, I never thought to look at the image properties. On doing so, I thought if I disabled referrer, but alas that alone wasn't enough.

Anyhow, once again, this will only benefit those who have installed the extension...

If you are viewing a forum with lots of broken images, then could be worthwhile.
You might say, you're viewing "Legacy" images.

But just because you can do something like that, should not be an impetus to continue using trashbucket, cause you're only fooling yourself.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Bob Fam1

Post by Bob Fam1 »

Thanks. My question still is will it work with SM. If not can someone make a SM fix please. Bob.
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

I see possible legal issues involved in trying to circumvent a site enabled block against free use.
therube

Post by therube »

I see moral issues involved when a site retroactively says screw you to its users & at the same time breaks every other website that was previously displaying its content.

(But then, hey, I know a browser that will shortly say screw you to its users who are using "Legacy" extensions ;-).)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

therube wrote:(But then, hey, I know a browser that will shortly say screw you to its users who are using "Legacy" extensions ;-).)
Hardly the same thing.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Wish You Were Here wrote:I see possible legal issues involved in trying to circumvent a site enabled block against free use.
**** 'em.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Bob Fam1

Post by Bob Fam1 »

If there is one for Chrome and Firefox why can't we have one for SM? Bob.