[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by pag77 »

version 4.11
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/

changes:
updated: Bulgarian locale (thanks Radoslav Nenchovski)
fixed: minor bug fixes
XTAL256

Post by XTAL256 »

Hello,

A while back I asked for the simple feature of having the download history window persist position and size.

With the latest version, I am sad to see that not only has it not been implemented, but now the window's default size fill the entire screen (but it's not maximized). Why has such a change been done?

It is really not hard at all to implement a sane default size (say, 1100x800) and persistent window properties to remember the last pos/size chosen by the user. Please look at doing this for the next release.

thanks
XTAL256

Post by XTAL256 »

Latest update (4.13) and the window size issue remains. Please, please, fix this. It's really annoying and not that hard to fix.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

You are using some weird third party build so look at that first.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

Hi there.

Is there any work done to try to make the addon work as a WebExtension plugin for Firefox 57?

Thanks!
PC Configuration :
Windows 7 HP x64 (French), Core i7 950 3.06GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 90GB OCZ SSD+1x HGST 4TB+1xWD 1TB Green+1x WD 1TB BLUE, nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB, HT|Omega Soundcard, LG Blu-ray reader+CD/DVD burning combo Opt. drive, Asus VW246H 1080P Monitor. Firefox always up-to-date.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Unfortunately, WebExtensions (the new API for Firefox 57+) does not have the functionality for the correct operation of this addon in Firefox.
So this addon will no longer work with the release of Firefox 57 in November 2017!
This is the inevitable change in Firefox - all Xul-addons will die out in Firefox 57
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ilestones/

But you can install Firefox 52 ESR and enjoy work until June 2018
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/faq/
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

I read that. However, there's no way for you to go around it?
PC Configuration :
Windows 7 HP x64 (French), Core i7 950 3.06GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 90GB OCZ SSD+1x HGST 4TB+1xWD 1TB Green+1x WD 1TB BLUE, nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB, HT|Omega Soundcard, LG Blu-ray reader+CD/DVD burning combo Opt. drive, Asus VW246H 1080P Monitor. Firefox always up-to-date.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

> However, there's no way for you to go around it?

this obstacle can not be circumvented - this is end of the road.
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

That's really too bad, I LOVED your download manager. :(
PC Configuration :
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

what exactly is the obstacle related to though? is it capturing the file download progress data so it could be displayed elsewhere, or something else?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

yarrmateys wrote:what exactly is the obstacle related to though? is it capturing the file download progress data so it could be displayed elsewhere, or something else?
rename, check virus, check md5, show in bottom panel (only show in button-toolbar or inject html to any site), etc...
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

hmm. so it'd lose a bunch of abilities, but a version with somewhat reduced functionality that would work as a simpler download manager that displays progress of downloaded files could still work for now, maybe in the future mozilla will expand the api to add more hooks.

it could be displayed in the button toolbar. then there's sidebar api, isn't there? could have a way to choose though, having a sidebar interfere with website's size would get annoying fast with many websites designed for variable width. wouldn't html injection cause overall slowdown, esp. with other addons that also do that?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

yarrmateys wrote:simpler download manager that displays progress of downloaded files
already exists a similar extension in Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/elite- ... d-manager/
and there are a lot of such extensions in chrome (chrome API == Firefox WebExtensions API): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/sear ... extensions
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

i looked at them, but it doesn't seem like any of them have a function to filter out some results, such as images. that's one of the reasons i used yours instead of others, other than the bottom bar.

chrome extensions don't quite work yet. even with an extension that tricks google store into letting the extensions be installed into firefox they don't actually work right, if at all.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

yarrmateys wrote:chrome extensions don't quite work yet.
for install from Chrome Webstore to Firefox please try this addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/chrome-store-foxified/