Firefox v56 Refresh/Stop Button

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
johnpd

Firefox v56 Refresh/Stop Button

Post by johnpd »

I noticed something very strange occurring which I have never seen before. I recently upgraded to v56.0.2. When I go to some web pages and the page appears to completely load, I see the "x" "stop loading indicator" on the address bar instead of the circular arrow indicating to refresh the page. It stays that way. It also causes all the other pages I have open to display the same issue even though they may have displayed the proper reload page indicator previously. Even if I close the page that initially caused the problem, the other pages still display the "x". Another system that I have which has FF 54.0.1 installed does not exhibit this issue. Any suggestions?

JohnD
Reflective

Re: Firefox v56 Refresh/Stop Button

Post by Reflective »

Clear cache and cookies for the site(s) which exhibit that behaviour.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Just in case the above doesn't do the trick, would you try this and see if maybe one of your extensions (if you have any) is the culprit :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... -safe-mode
johnpd

Post by johnpd »

I tried both methods and it did not make any difference. It does primarily seem to occur on one site: "tenforums.com" only under certain circumstances. If I start in the primary forums page, then select one of the forums in a "new tab", then select one of the threads in another "new tab", it will occur. If I do the same process while remaining in the original tab, it works ok and will continue ok. If I close all the related tenforums tabs, and repeat the multiple tab process, I get the problem again. So it appears to be related to starting up in a series of new tabs. Very strange.

JohnD
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Have you tried posting this on their site (tenforums.com ) ?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That site does have 57 HTML coding errors (as reported by the W3C Validator tool) as well as a larger number of CSS errors and warning conditions.

http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/check?u ... onformance#
johnpd

Post by johnpd »

I posted a message on tenforums.com. One person responded that he has seen a similar issue at that site as well as on some other sites. We both suspect an issue with FF v56.

JohnD
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, I can't test anything with that site right now as it seems to be down. That's confirmed by http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com
johnpd

Post by johnpd »

Another thing I noticed: The "x" appears on the new tab when I first move to it. However, before moving to the new tab, the current tab I am in is ok. Once I move to the new tab, its button displays the "x" and when I go back to any other open tab, they also now display the "x".

JohnD