Twitter images won't load in 2.49.2, 2.48, 2...

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Khentiamentiu

Twitter images won't load in 2.49.2, 2.48, 2...

Post by Khentiamentiu »

I'm running seamonkey 2.49.1 on CentOS 6.9 and Mint 17. On both platforms, images won't display in twitter, all I get is a blank or colored rectangle. When I click on that, I get an image load error message. (No, the message is no more specific than that.) I've run through the list of things to try, and found that the images won't load unless I start a new profile. Specifically, turning on ALL image permissions doesn't help, restarting into safe mode doesn't help, clearing cookies and cache doesn't help, explicity disabling extensions in the add-ons manager doesn't help. The only thing that seems to work is running from a new profile, or running firefox. This has been a problem in my seamonkey account through the last three releases, so I doubt there's any problem with the release itself.

Here's the problem with using a new profile: I lose the 30+ email accounts, blogs and news feeds I have in seamonkey mail, and I don't want to reconfigure all those if I can avoid it. Can anyone think of anything else to try? Or, even better, is there a way to import only the mail window portion of my old seamonkey profile into a new profile?
ElTxolo

Re: Twitter images won't load in 2.49.2, 2.48, 2...

Post by ElTxolo »

Khentiamentiu wrote:.... Can anyone think of anything else to try?
  • :-k Try this:
    Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security >> User Tracking >>> (and uncheck) [ ] Prevent tracking activities by known sites.

After that, you could see images on Twitter. :-"

PS.- You can check it yourself, using Developer Tools.
    Right click on the image that you can't see and choose Inspect element:

You will see this message (Console - Security Tab):
    The resource at "https://pbs.twimg.com/media/whateverimage.jpg" was blocked because tracking protection is enabled

Cheers !! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~