Firefox 57 - Add-ons: 'URL FLIPPER' etc

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
saint1

Firefox 57 - Add-ons: 'URL FLIPPER' etc

Post by saint1 »

Hi...
I've just updated to 57 and well, so far, the jury's out for me. I've been using FF since the very beginning way back when.

However, I'm OK with 57 despite losing a good few add-ons I've used happily for some time.
Replacing them in most cases is well...a long, frustrating and ultimately often hopeless task!

Would be good if some suggestions for replacement were offered instead of forcing folk to scroll for ages through lists! :shock:

I only hope these now 'legacy' add-ons' developers don't just simply jump ship on Firefox.

Anyhow, one add-on I just cannot find to replace is 'URL FLIPPER'.
This worked fine right up to FF 57, now reduced to 'Legacy'

What it did was allow you to increase/decrease numbers etc in an url to advance page or go back in increments. Extremely useful and superb extension!

In Chrome (yes, I'm now thinking of that!! :oops: ) there's a similar but not nearly as good 'flipper' called 'URL Plus'...However, no mention of it in FF 57 Add-Ons search.

If the 'Url Flipper' developer, one fine individual by the name of Kai Lui happens to see this, please update as fast as possible Kai...I'm sure many others will feel the same way about your simple and wonderful extension!
Otherwise I might just have to use Chrome! :mrgreen:
Brummelchen

Re: Firefox 57 - Add-ons: 'URL FLIPPER' etc

Post by Brummelchen »

yay...
URL Flipper 3.1.1.20.1-signed.1-signed
Last Updated: March 25, 2011
you never thought about an alternative for this very old crap? ;)

there exist another extension which can count up but i forgot which one i posted.
Otherwise I might just have to use Chrome!
otherwise no one cares... this is a firefox forum, no developers, and people are free to use any browser without any menace. [-X
therube

Post by therube »

Certainly not a substitute, but depending... a bookmarklet may work for you, increment (& decrement).

(I guess bookmarklets work in 57?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
saint1

Post by saint1 »

Hi thanks to all for taking time to reply.

To 'Brummelchen': 'very old crap' according to you. The fact it does what it does without fuss makes it anything but 'crap'.
If you can manage to recall which 'other' extension you say you posted, that would be appreciated.

To 'therube': bookmarklets, assuming they work in 57, are a reasonable suggestion but the fact 'URL Plus' is available in Chrome and works fine if not as slickly as 'URL Flipper' does seem to show some developers have seen such an extension as useful for people. Pity it's not offered to Firefox.

At anyrate, with luck, 'URL Flipper' or some equivalent will show up soon in 57 guise.
Might be an idea for Firefox to include such a simple but useful feature in future updates??