Before I Update

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
iflog

Before I Update

Post by iflog »

Am I going to lose the 20 some odd extensions I have? If so, I'll wait until all of them have been upgraded.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on November 15th, 2017, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some slight text editing.
efox99

Re: Before I Update

Post by efox99 »

This list will show you which ones were converted:

https://arewewebextensionsyet.com/
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

iflog wrote:Am I going to lose the 20 some odd extensions I have? If so, I'll wait until all of them have been upgraded.
Any which are still marked as legacy in Fx56 are probably not going to be upgraded for Fx57. The more helpful developers will have updated the extension's description to tell you if or when the WE version will be available, but if there's no info on the AMO page, it's probably dead.

As a general rule, anything that restyles Firefox will be dead.
iflog

Post by iflog »

I figured I'm probably dead. I think I seen 3 or 4 extensions on the new list. I've been a Firefox user since day one. I have the extensions I want because that's the way I like and want my browser to work. Without them its just another browser. One of my favorite extensions is "Saved Password Editor". I have about 180 websites that I need to log into with a user name and password. A lot of them have different names and passwords. Without that extension I would be lost. Might be time to make a move. Sorry.
efox99

Post by efox99 »

iflog wrote:One of my favorite extensions is "Saved Password Editor". I have about 180 websites that I need to log into with a user name and password. A lot of them have different names and passwords. Without that extension I would be lost. Might be time to make a move. Sorry.
I love that addon. It's helped me easily edit passwords and usernames. I wish Firefox had a built in password editor. I hope it gets converted. Along with Password Exporter. Those two addons have helped me greatly.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
A FWIW...
Here's the current info on what will & will not be updated to function in V57 +.
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

iflog wrote:I figured I'm probably dead. I think I seen 3 or 4 extensions on the new list. I've been a Firefox user since day one. I have the extensions I want because that's the way I like and want my browser to work. Without them its just another browser. One of my favorite extensions is "Saved Password Editor". I have about 180 websites that I need to log into with a user name and password. A lot of them have different names and passwords. Without that extension I would be lost. Might be time to make a move. Sorry.
You could try Firefox 52 ESR which will serve you with security updates until June next year after which it will be quantized.

Or, some are trying Waterfox or Pale Moon, neither of which will be moving to the new Firefox extensions model.
AGAS

Post by AGAS »

Kevin McFarlane wrote:
iflog wrote:I figured I'm probably dead. I think I seen 3 or 4 extensions on the new list. I've been a Firefox user since day one. I have the extensions I want because that's the way I like and want my browser to work. Without them its just another browser. One of my favorite extensions is "Saved Password Editor". I have about 180 websites that I need to log into with a user name and password. A lot of them have different names and passwords. Without that extension I would be lost. Might be time to make a move. Sorry.
You could try Firefox 52 ESR which will serve you with security updates until June next year after which it will be quantized.

Or, some are trying Waterfox or Pale Moon, neither of which will be moving to the new Firefox extensions model.
Can I have this 52 version and the new 57 installed at the same time? Or do I have to uninstall 57 to install this one?

Thanks.
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

AGAS, I'm not sure. But someone here should be able to advise.
Waterfox and Pale Moon would be OK though. But I've no idea whether they can run all extensions that the Firefox 56 and earlier could. I think there are some that don't run.
therube

Post by therube »

You can have both.
Install into different locations, & use separate Profiles for each.

(I've never actually "installed", but I guess that should work. Supposed you'd have to designate which would be your "default" browser.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript