Firefox Quantum Update = Missing Descriptions

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
newelljo

Firefox Quantum Update = Missing Descriptions

Post by newelljo »

Hello, I allowed the Firefox Quantum update to run yesterday and today discovered that all of my added Bookmark Description information is gone on every single bookmark I have. Years and years of information gone. I was able to add it back by using a recent recover date but still ... this shouldn't have happened in the first place.
avstudio

Re: Firefox Quantum Update = Missing Descriptions

Post by avstudio »

You got lucky, the damn update erased my entire profile and i had no recent backup!
Last time i'm an early user!
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

Always backup! Either use Firefox Sync, or export settings/bookmarks once a month (or sooner if enough things change). Ya never know!
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Move your description data elsewhere while you can. The plan is to either remove descriptions altogether or make them read-only (bug 1402890).
therube

Post by therube »

So a website can "pre-fill" Description: & if so (or if a user manually does so), then that is saved as part of the bookmark.
And their (well, one person's) intent is to make it so a user cannot manually add a Description:, much less edit (or delete) it.

Good add to that bug.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript