Image insertion/editing not working in SM

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
evanslace

Post by evanslace »

In 2.49.1 the image insertion/editing function in Composer seems to be broken. If one starts a new Composer page it works fine. But if one then saves the page it will not insert a new image, or allow editing of one already there. For files previously saved it does not work. Another user has verified the problem.
therube

Re: Image insertion/editing not working in SM

Post by therube »

Heh, oh, that's you.
When Frank mentioned, "Please file a bug", he meant here, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/.
Last edited by therube on November 15th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

evanslace wrote:In 2.49.1 the image insertion/editing function in Composer seems to be broken. If one starts a new Composer page it works fine. But if one then saves the page it will not insert a new image, or allow editing of one already there. For files previously saved it does not work. Another user has verified the problem.
I think it was suggested that you file a bug report. The proper location to do that is Bugzilla.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
frg

Post by frg »

frg

Post by frg »

The bad news: frg screwed up.

The good news: He fixed it. Fix should be in 2.49.2. No ETA but building should start in the next 2 weeks hopefully.

Sorry folks. If someone needs a test build just holler.
LEELEE2000

Post by LEELEE2000 »

Yes, Im having the same problem. I also ran into the problem of drag and dropping my image and that would give a huge long code and not the image name in the source code. It appeared to work until you looked at the code.. Very strange. So I tried exclusively using the insert image dropdown menu but it only works a few times then stops. Background images drop down has the same problem. you can load one background sometimes. Change it sometimes, and then it's done. Using windows 10
frg

Post by frg »

The dropped code is a data url and should work fine.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

I actually used Composer the other day to convert an image to a data URL for testing. One person's bug is another person's feature :P