Deskcut add on for build 57

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wallythekat

Deskcut add on for build 57

Post by wallythekat »

I have Firefox 57.0 (64 bit)
Is the desk cut add on available for Quantum?
thanks
Walt
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
wallythekat

Re: Deskcut add on for build 57

Post by wallythekat »

The Desk cut is a very handy add on. Is it compatible with Firefox 57.0
thanks
walt
therube

Post by therube »

What is deskcut|desk cut?
URL?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
James

Post by James »

wallythekat

Post by wallythekat »

I sincerely hope the Desk Cut add on is made compatible with 57.0 very soon. It is cumbersome to copy and paste the page address in my IE browser to perform this function.

Walt
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

I'm not aware of any replacement. As an alternative, first restore the window (so that it's not maximized and the desktop is visible). Then click the icon on the left side of the address in the location bar, and drag it onto the desktop.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
wallythekat

Post by wallythekat »

Gingerbread Man wrote:I'm not aware of any replacement. As an alternative, first restore the window (so that it's not maximized and the desktop is visible). Then click the icon on the left side of the address in the location bar, and drag it onto the desktop.
Thanks that is way better than copy and paste =D>

Walt
Fruss

Post by Fruss »

Problem is, you just explained how to put a link on the Desktop which will just clutter it up enormously. If you need to categorize or organize lots of links, it is still a royal PIA to put the link where you want it to end up. I wish something will come along and do what DeskCut did. It is, by far, my most used add-on in FF

I keep folders for cooking/food, mechanical, computer, (politics), weather, music, tons of other, and my OS installs us partitions. Sending all to Desktop would soon fill the partition I allowed for the OS

We NEED something equivalent to DeskCut in Firefox as useful as the Internet Exploder version of 'create shortcut'
sivadselim

Post by sivadselim »

Fruss wrote:Problem is, you just explained how to put a link on the Desktop which will just clutter it up enormously. If you need to categorize or organize lots of links, it is still a royal PIA to put the link where you want it to end up. I wish something will come along and do what DeskCut did. It is, by far, my most used add-on in FF
You can drag directly into your folders instead of to the desktop.
Braintree

Post by Braintree »

"You can drag directly into your folders instead of to the desktop."

Very true, but that is still a hassle, like if you have several other items open, several must be minimized to do the dragging. Deskcut worked so great!

EscapeThemGifs, another extension I really miss. Like right now all these Smilies are animated to my right - with EscapeThemGifs I could just hit the Escape key to stop the animating.

And there's several items in the Bookmarks drop down menu I was able to hide with Menu Wizard, such as Subscribe to this page, Mobile Bookmarks, ETC.

I'm hoping over time these very helpful extensions will somehow be made compatible and be incorporated again.

THANK YOU for listening.
Fruss

Post by Fruss »

Braintree wrote:"You can drag directly into your folders instead of to the desktop."

Very true, but that is still a hassle, like if you have several other items open, several must be minimized to do the dragging. Deskcut worked so great!

EscapeThemGifs, another extension I really miss. Like right now all these Smilies are animated to my right - with EscapeThemGifs I could just hit the Escape key to stop the animating.

And there's several items in the Bookmarks drop down menu I was able to hide with Menu Wizard, such as Subscribe to this page, Mobile Bookmarks, ETC.

I'm hoping over time these very helpful extensions will somehow be made compatible and be incorporated again.

THANK YOU for listening.
Sivadselim,
I don't want the manually operated drag and drop (highlighted address bar) like Chrome, I'd prefer something that remembers folders from the last time you used it, for one example.

Braintree,
I'm on FF 56 ATM, I'll check out your suggestion of 'ETG' but I'm on FF56 via a rolled back from Quantum and I've noticed other issues here and there, some Youtube downloaders for example, no longer remember 'last used' folders and ALWAYS default to DeskTop. I hope I don't have to uninstall ALL FF, including registries etc... Would be nicer if replacements could be found rather than a complete reinstall (although my OS ONLY ( C: ) is small enough it wouldn't take long, if I had an image... I suppose I could relocate the 'DeskTop' to the second drive (is it possible to make this a "co" location? ) but even that is inferior to what those legacy apps did for those who liked/utilized them

((Please, someone, come up with replacements, I'm BEGGING you! LOL))