Locked out of topic

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Bobbert

Locked out of topic

Post by Bobbert »

Moderator RobertJ must be having a bad day........he locked me out of a thread about extensions no longer working in release 57 of FF because he didn't like my response.

The point i was trying to make which obviously eluded Robert is that extensions worked fine in pre -57 releases and now they don't. If this wasn't a result of the new release then what was it?

No one person should have this power!
Rob
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Locked out of topic

Post by malliz »

Stop being stupid it gets old fast
You were just ranting in that thread pretty much what you are doing now. Read the forum rules the mods do have the final word
Last edited by malliz on November 16th, 2017, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

locked for reason:
This is a support forum not a complaint department.
please leave.
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

My point is valid and i stand by it! I'd like to think i am dealing with adults, but it doesn't appear so.
Rob
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Bobbert wrote:If this wasn't a result of the new release then what was it?
Legacy extensions.

Continue complaining in this SUPPORT FORUM and I will give you a vacation.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Site Discussion
c627627

Post by c627627 »

Bobbert,
Firefox 57 introduces WebExtensions which disable most [older] Firefox extensions.
If you have been modding your Firefox profile for the last 10-15 years, chances are good to excellent this destroyed your profile. Your extensions will never work again and your user interface mods will not work on Firefox again.

This was done for security and compatibility reasons among other reasons. People who pushed to have users, *choose* compatibility coexisting at the expense of security, lost. We will see what inpact this has on user base numbers. It seems not much.

*Before* leaving Firefox, consider that your extensions will continue to work on Firefox ESR (same as Firefox 52 but updated with security patches unlike regular Fx52) until June of 2018.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/
That would give you more time to see what to do in second half of 2018.
Firefox ESR 52 is fully compatible with Firefox 54 profiles or earlier. So if you have a backed up profile from Fx54 or - great, use it!

But if your profile has been touched by Fx55 or higher, you need to create a new one.

There is an extensive way to do this correctly but if done "quickly":

1. Copy /paste the entire CHROME folder from Fx55/56/57 to Fx ESR

2. Cooy/paste user.js file?

3. Copy/pasting the places.sqlite bookmark file

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/
saves your already installed extensions into .xpi installable files with actual file names that are named after the extension names and not random numbers and letters like when you save profile extensions the regular Firefox way. That way you can quickly transfer extensions.
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.