fx 57: Adjust font sizes for tabs/urlbar/bookmarks toolbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Negativeions

fx 57: Adjust font sizes for tabs/urlbar/bookmarks toolbar

Post by Negativeions »

Anyone know how to increase the size of the font just in the address bar in firefox 57? Thanks.

[EDIT: refer to post #6]
Last edited by Negativeions on November 18th, 2017, 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eckard

Re: fx 57. Increase font size in address bar.

Post by Eckard »

You may use the following css code in the userChrome.css file http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?tit ... ntable=yes

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#urlbar {
font-size: 14px !important; }
If you want to have the same font size in the search bar, add the following code:

Code: Select all

#searchbar .searchbar-textbox {
font-size: 14px !important; }
Negativeions

Post by Negativeions »

Awesome. Thanks.

EDIT: It doesn't work. Nothing happens. Are you sure there's nothing else after #urlbar? Like . something? Where would I even look this stuff up?
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

Both codes work for me.
Are you using another css code for general font size in the Firefox GUI?
For frequent errors read this post
Negativeions

Post by Negativeions »

Thanks Eckard. You're right. I had * {font-size: 13.5px !important;} as the first entry. Later down the file I inserted your suggested code which did nothing. I commented out the * {font-size: line and put yours in and it worked brilliantly. Now I have another issue I guess. I want to change the font size of bookmarks toolbar/urlbar/tabs because the default is way too small with the resolution setting I have. with "* {font-size...", "#urlbar {font-size..." is ignored, but "* {font-size..." does not change the urlbar font size.
Negativeions

Post by Negativeions »

I figured it out. Maybe this can be stickied or something somewhere. Maybe it is but it seems like a fairly common thing that people want to adjust. Especially with high res/ppi display settings. Maybe it'll save some people an hour or so of searching + experimenting.

At first I typed about:config in the urlbar and searched for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx. This will scale the entire Firefox UI. I changed the value to 2.3 (or whatever you want. Changes are immediate) using default font sizes. That may be ok for some but I wanted to go a step further.

The font options for each bar are:

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-text {font-size: 10pt !important;}
#urlbar {font-size: 10pt !important;}
#personal-bookmarks .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text {font-size: 10pt !important;}

for tabs, urlbar and bookmarks toolbar. This made all the font sizes the same. You can use px (pixels) instead of pt (points) and also add weight options, etc, within the brackets. Combine UI scaling + font settings to your hearts content.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

Negativeions wrote:I figured it out.
.......This made all the font sizes the same. You can use px (pixels) instead of pt (points) and also add weight options, etc, within the brackets. Combine UI scaling + font settings to your hearts content.
Thank you for your feedback ;)