Bookmarks Folder color

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Elcid

Re: Bookmarks Folder color

Post by Elcid »

Thank you very much. :D

Will do these tonight when there is no distraction.
Elcid

Post by Elcid »

Could not wait and did this just now.

It works. The folders are yellow again. :D :banana:

Thank you very much.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

My pleasure, Elcid. And my thanks, again, to Morat for the solutions offered.
Rob.70

Post by Rob.70 »

I also have the same 'problem' that has just started today with FF57 that downloaded 14 November 2017. I run FF 57 with Win 10 and Bing as my search engine. Today all the Bookmark Folders decided to change from a Yellow colour to a Grey colour. The individual website tabs within a Folder remain in their varied colours. I have never experienced this problem with earlier versions of FF.

I searched the web and see from the many returns that this has been a longstanding problem with FF over many years!!

Is there a simple solution to turn the Folder colours back to Yellow????? Surely there must be!
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Rob.70 wrote:Is there a simple solution to turn the Folder colours back to Yellow????? Surely there must be!
There were two solutions offered to this issue, via using a userChrome.css file, in this thread. The solutions are in this post by morat: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14777120

For the second solution, which is the more complex solution, I wrote a step-by-step guide on how to implement it in this post: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14777671

The guide might look complex but if you follow it step-by-step you really will find it very easy to do. And once you know how to implement that solution you would find it easy to quickly test the first solution offered by morat as well. You have nothing to lose by giving it a try - and it might solve the issue you are complaining about.
Rob.70

Post by Rob.70 »

I did get as far as the profile folder but there was no 'chrome' file there. As I don't use Chrome, and am adverse to anything Google (which I assume we are talking about rather than Mozilla, but maybe they are now also in their pay!), I stopped there as I wondered how I got the yellow folder bookmarks yesterday, but not today!! I'll have a new look at your links tomorrow, but still not impressed with what seems to the solution to this age old problem with FF!,
Rob.70

Post by Rob.70 »

Ah ... those links are only those in this thread which I have already looked at :)
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Hi Rob,

It's not a chrome file - it's a chrome folder and it has nothing in any way at all do with the browser Chrome nor with Google, I'm not a fan of either as well. If the folder isn't there that's no problem, all you have to do is create it.

As said give the tweak a try. If it doesn't solve your problem, or if you don't like the result, all you have to do is delete the files you created and you're back to base with nothing untowards happening to your Firefox.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Congrats on having only 2 bookmark folders. I have 42 + many subfolders.

ElCid and BuddhaNature--
, I have a related problem. I have 52ESR, and Roomy Bookmarks has stopped working. I had to combine some of my 42 folders to fit 31 into the toolbar. If I had less space between them, and between the folder and the name, I could restore the ones I had to compress.

https://s8.postimg.org/cirk9caph/bkmk_bar.jpg
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

EDIT: At one point I had some 'improved' code for dealing with Bookmarks folder colours posted here. At a later date I edited the Guide (on page one of this thread) and incorporated the improved code directly into "Step F" of the Guide. So if you came here looking for that code then just go directly to the Guide and you can copy the improved code from there. (There is an explanation at the very start of the Guide as to in what way the code was 'improved' in comparison to the code originally provided by Morat at the start of this thread.) Link to the Guide is here: A Beginner's Guide to Creating and Using a userChrome.css File
Last edited by BuddhaNature on February 23rd, 2018, 5:30 am, edited 15 times in total.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

@BuddhaNature
Thanks very much for posting that. :)
I particularly liked being able to see the colour change implemented whilst viewing show all bookmarks. :D
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

LuvKomputrs wrote:@BuddhaNature
Thanks very much for posting that. :)
Thank you, LuvKomputrs. My pleasure. :)
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

I just came across this names-list of CSS colours that could be used by people using the "fill" command to colour the bookmark folders. Thought I should post the link here for people that want to try different colours but aren't sure of the name of the colour to use and would like to see an example of what colour x will look like. Note that from that table you can substitute the hex-codes for the colour-names if you so wish - according to your own preference.
fdhealy4

Post by fdhealy4 »

In the past I followed the directions here and was successful it getting the folders to go back to yellow. Today I nuked my computer and re-installed everything. I just tried changing the folders back from gray to yellow but it's not working. Running FF 71.0 64 bit.

Stumped
morat

Post by morat »

Did you toggle the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets preference?

More info
http://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/24/firefo ... y-default/