[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jendrew

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by jendrew »

Hello
The status bar is showing beneath my addon bar. Is there a way to make it go above the addon bar?
thankyou

I use the addon bar addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/GiT/
mozermagoo

Post by mozermagoo »

Hi
Thank you so much for this awesome addon. It is not working well in the latest 56.0a1 nightly (which is so fast!!). Basically the bar itself comes up but its blank, nothing can be cleared off of it or seen on it. Is there a version to download for 56.0a1? Thank you muchly.
ddbs

Post by ddbs »

Hi,

I've been using your addon for a while and it's really great. Tiny request though, your addon only partitially works in combination with the 'Private Tab'-addon ( https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/a ... src=search ). The download bar in a private tab doesn't show but the download sound plays so your addon is active somehow. When I open a regular private tab without help of the Private Tab addon, everything works fine though. Is it possible you could make your addon work in combination with the Private Tab addon?

Regards
Rigido

Post by Rigido »

Hi,
will we ever see the plugin ported to WebExtensions or it is an impossible mission and we will have another MIA?
Ciao,
Rigido.
DinGo

Post by DinGo »

Rigido wrote:Hi,
will we ever see the plugin ported to WebExtensions or it is an impossible mission and we will have another MIA?
I really hope the author will port it to Web Extensions, it will be a sad loss if he doesn't :(
TomasBeno

Post by TomasBeno »

Hi,

this addon is great !!! But it stopped working after Firefox updated... :( Please are you planning to release a working version for Firefox 57 ???
THANX !!! :)
arnolem

Post by arnolem »

Hello everyone!
I love this extension but it's unfortunately no longer functional with Firefox 57.
I am currently developing a version for Firefox 57 with the main features that I use.
I'll let you know if I get there. :wink:
Wolfcity

Post by Wolfcity »

arnolem wrote:Hello everyone!
I love this extension but it's unfortunately no longer functional with Firefox 57.
I am currently developing a version for Firefox 57 with the main features that I use.
That´s sounds great.hope you´ll be sucessful. I really miss this add-on to control my downloads.
Good luck!
SkolMan87

Post by SkolMan87 »

Sounds great, I look forward to it! I like being able to rename, run or delete downloads right from the status bar. The color customizations were cool too, hope you're able/willing to include those.
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

Really want this addon too. Looking for devs?
arnolem

Post by arnolem »

phoenixv5 wrote:
arnolem wrote:Really want this addon too. Looking for devs?
I started developing it for ten hours.

there is a lot of work to have some things stable to start (with few features at first).

I could already put the beginning of what I started doing on github if some are motivated :D
arnolem

Post by arnolem »

Hi,

I have bad news.
The new WebExtentions APIs no longer allow access to downloads from a horizontal bar at the bottom of the window.
I started by developing a bar in HTML / CSS that communicated with a JavaScript script in background to make calls to the downloads API but I just encountered some restrictions, especially for the file download, which requires going through a sidebar, a context menu or a menu icon.

If I continue the developments, it would be necessary to go through one of the "official" features of Firefox : toolbar button with popup, page action on address bar, sidebar, context menu or bundled web pages https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add ... _practices

The only way to add content on the bottom is "content script" but the download API is not allow, and developer tools panels but isn't a good option for me.

If you have an opinion :wink:
tibsi

Post by tibsi »

Hi,

Will you recode the great Download Status Bar to new Firefox Quantum version?

Thanks,
Tibor
DinGo

Post by DinGo »

arnolem wrote:Hi,

I have bad news.
The new WebExtentions APIs no longer allow access to downloads from a horizontal bar at the bottom of the window.
I started by developing a bar in HTML / CSS that communicated with a JavaScript script in background to make calls to the downloads API but I just encountered some restrictions, especially for the file download, which requires going through a sidebar, a context menu or a menu icon.

If I continue the developments, it would be necessary to go through one of the "official" features of Firefox : toolbar button with popup, page action on address bar, sidebar, context menu or bundled web pages https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add ... _practices

The only way to add content on the bottom is "content script" but the download API is not allow, and developer tools panels but isn't a good option for me.

This is probably one of the reasons Szalgiris has said that there is a lot of work to continue this extension and he wouldn't have the time to do it.
Wolfcity

Post by Wolfcity »

arnolem wrote:Hi,

I have bad news.

Read something like that.So if we can´t have it at the bottom what about the sidebar? That´s not that perfect like at the bottom but if you stack the downloads one over the other and use the known colour schemes it´s better than nothing. The worst part for me is that I don´t see my downloads in FF, just a tiny arrow that´s getting blue.
For bigger downloads I use JDownloader but I think it´s not necessary to start a 3rd party app for everything I want to download.
I would appreciate something like that. So it would be Download Sidebar instead of Download Status Bar. What do you think?