How to Get "Post Reply" Text-Box to Always Show Full Editor?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
BuddhaNature

How to Get "Post Reply" Text-Box to Always Show Full Editor?

Post by BuddhaNature »

If I visit a new thread and want to post a reply then there is a "Post Reply" text-box at the foot of the page into which I can type a new reply. That's fine.

However, that text-box doesn't show all the various ways in which I can affect the the text I'm typing. For example, no buttons at the top of the text-box for "Bold", "Italics", "Underline", enter "URL", etc.. To get to see those buttons I have to type something, anything, into the "Post Reply" text-box then click on the "Preview" button. (Once I get the Preview showing then the buttons appear.) I don't like to have to do that all the time.

Is there any way to get those text formatting buttons to always show up above the "Post Reply" text box?
amrad

Re: How to Get "Post Reply" Text-Box to Always Show Full Edi

Post by amrad »

Use the "Quote" option, that will give yo the full editor.

Regards,

Dave.
James

Post by James »

The box on bottom of threads is just a Quick Reply box. You can click on the [POST REPLY] button on top or bottom of thread to then go to the advanced Reply box. As said the [Quote] button on post you are replying to will also send you to the advanced Reply box.
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

Okay, thanks for the responses - they are actually helpful. That said, I would think it better if the Quick Reply box had all the editing at the top by default - would make life a bit simpler, I think. I can't think of reason what that isn't so.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can't think of reason what that isn't so.
Likely because most posts are plain text and don't require emojis or HTML tags.