MANY websites do not load since Firefox 57 update

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SeahawksXLVIII

MANY websites do not load since Firefox 57 update

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

Ever since my Firefox "updated" to Firefox 57.0, many websites just refuse to load. It always hangs on "performing TLS handshake" and never does anything, not even error out. All these websites work in Chrome but they have not loaded whatsoever since I got Firefox 57.0 close to a month ago. I cannot log into these websites on Chrome because that is my wife's browser and neither her nor I want my passwords and such syncing to her Google account. But many websites, a lot I use frequently do not load at all since this update, they just hang for eternity.

I cannot submit a report to Mozilla's bugzilla on this either because it tells me that I must change my password, but when I do so, it just keeps telling me that I need to change it. the link saying that if I already changed it, click her to continue on, does not work. It still brings me to the page stating that I am required to change my password.
TheVisitor

Re: MANY websites do not load since Firefox 57 update

Post by TheVisitor »

Long thread here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=37 , skip to last page, may be a solution there.
therube

Re: MANY websites do not load since Firefox 57 update

Post by therube »

@T, I think you wanted this, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032011.

Are you using a SOCKS proxy?

As a test, create a new, clean Profile, make no changes.
Can you load your sites?

it tells me that I must change my password
It told me the same thing.
And I think it required some ridiculously long 12-char pass, & you had to also jump through all other sorts of hoops. So I went on to some password generating site, which worked, but now I have no clue what my password is, so haven't been able to login since ;-).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript