Can I run FF 57 along side of FF 52.5 ESR?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Can I run FF 57 along side of FF 52.5 ESR?

Post by malliz »

smsmith wrote:Basilisk sounds funny to me. A fork of Pale Moon? Is that a fork of a fork? Does that make it a sport?
So they admitted the original Fork (PM) was/is a failure and proceeded to Fork at a later stage of Firefox development looks like they are circling the drain and not something a responsible person should be touting
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

I don't need any of that, Aris's codes gave me what I needed, changing the .ini files in v57 let me run ESR at the same time.
http://i68.tinypic.com/24v642w.jpg
No need to migrate any more. Though the choice of Web Extensions is pitiful for now, compared to the XUL but that should change over time.
I'm in my sixties and can do it, though to be fair, I've been geek since 1980.

Just a little minor tweaking from now on.
ghot

Post by ghot »

https://imgur.com/YRQVnRY

Yep, well polished program.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
ghot

Post by ghot »

Frank Lion wrote:
ghot wrote: I guess I'm just getting old.
Yep, reckon so. Just use that Basilisk thing that Reflective mentioned above, then at least we won't have to read you moaning on here any longer.
ghot wrote: They even took away the little tiny tab with the + sign.
Er, nope. The are 2 New Tab buttons on 57 - one that can can on any toolbar and...a small one with a + sign that goes on the end of the tabbar.

Yep, right where it shouldn't be. It WAS at the end of the last open tab, where it belonged. Where it made some inkling of sense.
I don't wanna argue with ya. You can like FF57 all you want. I won't stop you. :)

But it's pretty obvious, MOST don't like all the useless changes. (this doesn't include the improved security changes...just the useless GUI changes).

Maybe one day the officianados of FF will realize, that it already has it's fan base/market w/e. They don't NEED to make useless GUI changes, and then make it almost impossible to revert them.

Maybe when it starts losing it's fan base, it will wake up, so to speak.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

ghot wrote: You can like FF57 all you want. I won't stop you. :).
I been using SeaMonkey for over 3 years. Since when does insisting on accurate information warp into liking in your mind?

Most odd.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

smsmith wrote:Basilisk sounds funny to me. A fork of Pale Moon? Is that a fork of a fork? Does that make it a spork?
spork :P That's good.

I'm gonna give Basilisk a try.

http://www.basilisk-browser.org/features.shtml
Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56.

That's sounds good to me, I have used PaleMoon a bit with the blue PaleMoon button. I always hated the Firefox 4.0 UI with that stupid orange Firefox button - the first thing I would customize out of the UI in new Profiles. I was using a self-tweaked version of Tiny Menu that was similar to the original Compact Menu from like 2004.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, locking this thread as the OP clearly is not actually interested in Support. ](*,)