Right slider not updating with page change

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Olymist

Right slider not updating with page change

Post by Olymist »

I've noticed since changing to FF57 that when I read my local paper, going to the next page, the right slider does not get updated. That is, I've read one page and the slider is at the bottom when going to the next page the slider remains at the bottom even though the next page is at the top. You have to click on the upper part of the slider bar to get it back to the top. This started with FF57 and it's the same for Windows 10 (64bit) and my Linux (Ubuntu 32bit) versions.
DanRaisch

Re: Right slider not updating with page change

Post by DanRaisch »

What's the URL so we can see if the same thing happens for us?
Olymist

Post by Olymist »

Unfortunately it's a paid subscription to my local newspaper. Can't get to it without login/password. I'll see if I can find some other example,
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You might also try running the URL for that page through the W3C HTML Validator tool to see if it reports site coding errors that might account for the problem -- http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/
Olymist

Post by Olymist »

I tried that, all sorts of errors. I'm not sure it was looking at the correctly, since it took it without any login. My local paper is not the one sending out these pages. They go through another company called digital.olivesoftware.com. All I know at this point is that it started not working in FF57, still works in Chrome. So I guess I'll use Chrome for at least reading my newspaper.