[Ext] TabLang - separate keyboard layout for tabs and urlbar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
nilsonleow

Re: [Ext] TabLang - separate keyboard layout for tabs and ur

Post by nilsonleow »

Maybe someone can to adapt it to FF 57?
nilsonleow

Post by nilsonleow »

.....pleeeeeeaaaaaaase
Impossible to work!
nilsonleow

Post by nilsonleow »

i can pay for work!
i need this addon. anybody can to write new one for money?
Yamatos

Post by Yamatos »

As it looks like no hope here, I've opted for a half-measure - installed second, older FF, turned the updates off and created a separate profile, just for work.

So far it works fine for me. And as a bonus - work FF has no social networks bookmarks and passwords, so it helps with procrastination =)
nilsonleow

Post by nilsonleow »

Someone can to write new plugin for money????
AlexVallat

Post by AlexVallat »

Unfortunately, due to the restrictions of WebExtensions, I don't think it will ever be possible to create a new extension that can do what TabLang could do. As an alternative, I have developed a little application that runs independently, and uses accessibility to determine what tab or control has the focus. It does much the same job as TabLang did but is, unfortunately, Windows only. Sorry about that.

It does offer a bit of additional functionality that TabLang did not, which is to create rules to assign a keyboard language depending on the URL of the tab. For example, you could have it set the Russian keyboard for all .ru domains and for google.com, Chinese for .cn, and English for all others.

I hope some of you find it useful, and I'd welcome feedback. Bugs and feature requests should go on the project github page: https://github.com/AlexVallat/KeyLayoutAutoSwitch

Download is available here: https://github.com/AlexVallat/KeyLayout ... ses/latest