Can't see or downlaod motherboard drivers from ASUS website

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ghot

Can't see or downlaod motherboard drivers from ASUS website

Post by ghot »

For some reason I don't see the motherboard drivers list, that I should be seeing. I only seem to have this problem on ASUS's website.

I try to go here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PR ... _Download/, choose an OS, then I used to see a list of motherboard driver downloads, now I see nothing.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit and Firefox 52.5.0 ESR.

I used to be able to see the driver download list at ASUS.

/e I asked other folks if they could see it...and they can.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
DanRaisch

Re: Can't see or downlaod motherboard drivers from ASUS webs

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

I tested the site on FF ESR 52.5 and as you can see from the screenshot, the site loads just fine. https://imgbox.com/tNLSFDq0
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Had no issues going around the entire site and searching with various blockers enabled.
The site does not drop a page however when going to a link or search page.
If you closed a preceding page it might be why a second page might not open.
No Login seemed necessary for basic stuff but you might need to create an account using your board specs.
I seem to remember having to do something like a registration process for the most recent for my board..
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

asus pages are either slow or critical to blocked scripts and popups.
ghot

Post by ghot »

I know the site works fine. I said that in the OP.

About 3 weeks ago, I tried FF 57, didn't like it, and uninstalled it. I also removed all instances of Mozilla from my C: drive
Then I installed FF 52.5.0 ESR, and everything works fine...except one site, and only part of that site. Namely the drivers download page.

I do have an account there and even logged in and tried that. Something is blocking that one page. I can even go to the BIOS files and see all them.
But the drivers page won't show me the drivers and their download links.

I only use two extensions, namely NoScript and Classic Theme Restorer. NoScript is set to allow the whole page.

/e Same problem in safe mode. Entire rest of the site works.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
therube

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & confirm that the site works.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Yep Noscript can be painful
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
ghot

Post by ghot »

therube wrote:As a test, create a new, clean Profile & confirm that the site works.
I completely uninstalled FF 52.5.0 ESR and ALL it's associated files, then reinstalled it clean.

I'm beginning to think it may have been when I uninstalled FF 52.5.0 ESR, installed FF 57 tried it out...and then uninstalled it, completely, and reinstalled FF 52.5.0 ESR.

I never had the problem before I did that. Unfortunately, right before I did that, I also did some Win 7 security only updates.
I do have a Acronis backup from October 7th, before I did any of this. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. :/

/e
malliz wrote:Yep Noscript can be painful
Yeah, I thought of that, but running in safe mode, I still had the problem. Just that one site. Lol
therube

Post by therube »

Yesterday, I happened to have a similar issue on HP's website when I went to download drivers.

The site automatically detected my setup, & there were "OS" & "version" dialog boxes too, & while the dropdowns in those boxes worked, "selecting" them resulted in no action occurring, & I refreshed the page & tried again, & again. The same.

Then I opened a new window, & loaded the page, & it it worked. No idea why.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ghot

Post by ghot »

I'm on FF 52.5.2 and I still can't get the driver page at ASUS's site to work. The whole rest of the site works fine.
I have the same problem in safe mode.

I tired both 32 and 64 bit versions and totally clean installs...no help. No problems on any other site.
therube

Post by therube »

uninstalled FF 52.5.0 ESR and ALL it's associated files
Did that include your Profile files?

Does IE work on that site for you?
ghot

Post by ghot »

Yeah, all files associated with Firefox.

As for IE I don't use it and it is disabled. But everyone else, on FF, Chrome, IE etc, can access the site's driver list and downloads.
I can access the entire site, even the lists and downloads of all other motherboard related files and documents. It's just the motherboard drivers lists and files that I can't access. I choose the OS and the site does absolutely nothing. It doesn't freeze, it just does nothing.

The icon on the tab should turn into a revolving circle, this does not happen. With all other parts of the site, no issues at all.

Here is the link. I picked an older motherboard this time, just in case it was a modern CPU related issue...as I don't have a modern CPU.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SA ... _Download/
Lnwdz

Post by Lnwdz »

It fails for me if tracking protection is enabled. Googletagmanager.com gets blocked, which somehow breaks the driver list.
therube

Post by therube »

Good find.