MozillaZine

[EXT] Screengrab!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GµårÐïåñ

User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: Area 51.2

Post Posted October 13th, 2017, 10:47 am

rthx wrote:This is the case in version 0.99.
... -> https://picload.org/view/dgiiawla/screenshot_select_png_jpg_2017.png.html

Depending on the webpage is saved by me in PNG or JPG.
Very awkward every time in the settings to change that.

Interesting, I always considered that a "browser" action not the extension but good to know, thank you for the share.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted October 13th, 2017, 12:21 pm

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
rthx wrote:This is the case in version 0.99.
... -> https://picload.org/view/dgiiawla/screenshot_select_png_jpg_2017.png.html

Depending on the webpage is saved by me in PNG or JPG.
Very awkward every time in the settings to change that.

Interesting, I always considered that a "browser" action not the extension but good to know, thank you for the share.

it was in the xul-version - I could control the dialog box and add image types
in WebExtensions it's impossible to do it directly, but I can try do a workaround... if it is necessary to someone...

GµårÐïåñ

User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: Area 51.2

Post Posted October 13th, 2017, 1:16 pm

pag77 wrote:it was in the xul-version - I could control the dialog box and add image types
in WebExtensions it's impossible to do it directly, but I can try do a workaround... if it is necessary to someone...

Yes, I figured as much, we are having trouble with a few of our powerful extensions that will pretty much become extremely limited; most of us have decided to kill it off instead of making a lite version because it is not worth it.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted October 13th, 2017, 1:30 pm

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Yes, I figured as much, we are having trouble with a few of our powerful extensions that will pretty much become extremely limited; most of us have decided to kill it off instead of making a lite version because it is not worth it.

some extensions can not be made for WebExtensions
and some extensions in the light version (compatible for WebExtensions) will be useless

I created 13 extensions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/user/senselius/
...but only 5 will continue to live in WebExtensions

GµårÐïåñ

User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: Area 51.2

Post Posted October 13th, 2017, 1:54 pm

pag77 wrote:some extensions can not be made for WebExtensions
and some extensions in the light version (compatible for WebExtensions) will be useless

I created 13 extensions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/user/senselius/
...but only 5 will continue to live in WebExtensions

I know, they have decided to copy Chrome and kill the ONE thing that made Firefox usable, and unique, so I guess unlike Netscape, this one is killing itself. It is going to lead to a crap load of forked clones of old code just making the space even less secure and more unstable. Ridiculous really.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 7th, 2017, 8:32 am

version 2.6
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/screengrab-fix-version/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screengrab/fccdiabakoglkihagkjmaomipdeegbpk

changes:
changed: now "Preview" and "Upload" tab always will open in next tab after current tab
fixed: minor bug fixes

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 10th, 2017, 12:14 am


pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 16th, 2017, 3:05 am

For normal work on the pages of addons.mozilla.org
only for Firefox 57+

1. in the address bar: about:config
2. right-click to create a logical
3. setting name: privacy.resistFingerprinting.block_mozAddonManager
4. value: true

you do not need to restart the browser, just update the tab addons.mozilla.org

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 29th, 2017, 4:00 am


pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 29th, 2017, 2:09 pm

version 2.9
Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/screengrab-fix-version/
Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screengrab/fccdiabakoglkihagkjmaomipdeegbpk

changes:
updated: French locale (thanks Jack Black)
fixed: minor bug fixes

Recording
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 1:11 am

Post Posted November 30th, 2017, 1:18 am

I feel sorry. Screengrab usually pop up a "Thank You webpage" to block my unattended Bandicam while recording
the LIVE show in a webpage.

GµårÐïåñ

User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: Area 51.2

Post Posted November 30th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Recording wrote:I feel sorry. Screengrab usually pop up a "Thank You webpage" to block my unattended Bandicam while recording
the LIVE show in a webpage.

Yes, the unnecessary opening of the page after updates is quite disruptive and unnecessary. Most addons provide an option to disable that post install launch for their pages or changelog displays so they are done silently, but this one doesn't. It makes noise every chance it gets.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted November 30th, 2017, 4:06 pm

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
Recording wrote:I feel sorry. Screengrab usually pop up a "Thank You webpage" to block my unattended Bandicam while recording
the LIVE show in a webpage.

Yes, the unnecessary opening of the page after updates is quite disruptive and unnecessary. Most addons provide an option to disable that post install launch for their pages or changelog displays so they are done silently, but this one doesn't. It makes noise every chance it gets.

This page should be opened only once after upgrading the addon to a new version
This page only for notify users about the new changes.
If you scrolled down the page, you will see the news that changed/added/fixed in the current version of the addon.

GµårÐïåñ

User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: March 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Location: Area 51.2

Post Posted December 1st, 2017, 12:49 pm

pag77 wrote:This page should be opened only once after upgrading the addon to a new version
This page only for notify users about the new changes.
If you scrolled down the page, you will see the news that changed/added/fixed in the current version of the addon.

Of course it is, but if you have auto update enabled, then it can pop up any time it happens and with it bring disruption to what you are doing. If someone wants to see what changed, they can go and find out on their own they don't need it pushed in front them without regard to what they are in the middle of. See what I mean? That's why many addons have an option that says "Show changelog" which if checked it will, and if not, it updates silently. I understand you need to remind people constantly to donate to your project, but at this point the show of "changelog" as you call it, seems more like, hey remember to donate than a legitimate, oh look what changed.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

pag77
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 26th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Post Posted December 1st, 2017, 1:02 pm

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Of course it is, but if you have auto update enabled, then it can pop up any time it happens and with it bring disruption to what you are doing. If someone wants to see what changed, they can go and find out on their own they don't need it pushed in front them without regard to what they are in the middle of. See what I mean? That's why many addons have an option that says "Show changelog" which if checked it will, and if not, it updates silently. I understand you need to remind people constantly to donate to your project, but at this point the show of "changelog" as you call it, seems more like, hey remember to donate than a legitimate, oh look what changed.


1. Go to the menu Help -> Troubleshooting Information (or enter about:support into address line) and then click the Folder Profile - Show folder button. With sufficient rights you will see all folders and files of your profile
2. quit from Firefox
3. search and open dir: browser-extension-data
4. search and open dir: {02450914-cdd9-410f-b1da-db004e18c671}
5. open in notepad: storage.js
6. in end text:
Code: Select all
}

7. change
Code: Select all
}
to
Code: Select all
, "not_open_contribute_page" : false}

8. save storage.js
9. run Firefox

I understand that these are difficult steps, but for the current version only in this way :)

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests