Firefox Add-ons problems

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Jeannies#131

Firefox Add-ons problems

Post by Jeannies#131 »

I really hate that Theme Font And Size Changer no longer works with Firefox 57. I also found out that Norton Safe Search does not work with Firefox 57.....not too happy with Firefox at this moment.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox Add-ons problems

Post by malliz »

Jeannies#131 wrote: I also found out that Norton Safe Search does not work with Firefox 57
Norton/Symantec have had around three months to do the right thing. As a company they suck badly
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

With the introduction of Firefox 57, regular extensions no longer work. Either the developer has to change them to web extensions or abandon the project. This is a change that has been known for quite some time, so it's not like the change came out of nowhere. Looking at the reviews for Theme Font and Size Changer, it appears the developer updated the add-on to force it to not work with Firefox 57. If that is true, that is not Mozilla's problem, nor would you want to use that extension.

Symantec-Norton is horrible and they have had plenty of time to make changes so that Norton Safe Search works. You're better of using a better program and quite a few are free.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

You can use userChrome.css to change the UI font and its size. Here's an example:

Code: Select all

* {
  font-family: "Liberation Sans" !important;
  font-size: 13pt !important;
}
Jeannies#131

Post by Jeannies#131 »

Thank you