Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
robevz

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Post by robevz »

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to my-free-mp3.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

hi guys im basically getting this error when tryin to access the above music website which worked fine last week before my firefox changed to quantum but oddly enough i cannot get onto the website on explorer even tho i never use explorer......now im in contact with the owners of mp3 on facebook & have asked me to try various things ununstalling bullguard and trying a malware cleaner which both did not work.....the website also works for the ownr and a friend of mine who lives 2 miles away....i am basically at a loss and do not know the problem as bullguard even told me they cant help any furthr as its not a bullguard problem

thanks rob
Diorser

Re: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Post by Diorser »

robevz wrote: try various things ununstalling bullguard and trying a malware cleaner which both did not work.....the website also works for the ownr and a friend of mine who lives 2 miles away...
No problem with Fx57 on Linux @ https://my-free-mp3.net/
Looks like your problem is a "windows" problem and its malwares => may be not the right forum to solve.
Or try to reinstall a clean windows to verify you still have a problem.
robevz

Post by robevz »

Diorser wrote:
robevz wrote: try various things ununstalling bullguard and trying a malware cleaner which both did not work.....the website also works for the ownr and a friend of mine who lives 2 miles away...
No problem with Fx57 on Linux @ https://my-free-mp3.net/
Looks like your problem is a "windows" problem and its malwares => may be not the right forum to solve.
Or try to reinstall a clean windows to verify you still have a problem.

thanks for the reply...i have no idea how to do a clean windows reinstall i will end up ruining the pc,i have no clue on what to do....i forgot to add that site is the only one that it happens to..facebook google etc i can access fine its only that music site..i cannot understand how i have got malware as i have bullguard running,also i have just used a malware cleaner which came up with zero nothng wrong
therube

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see if you can open the site with that.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Diorser

Post by Diorser »

robevz wrote: i have just used a malware cleaner which came up with zero nothing wrong
A so called "malware cleaner" can be a malware itself (to not say most often). It's even the best solution to install a malware.
I don't use windows at all for yeeeaars, but I remember well that the only possibility to get a clean windows is to reinstall it.
You should easily find some help on windows forums to learn how to reinstall windows.

A fresh Firefox profile can be a temporary solution, but will not solve the root cause.
robevz

Post by robevz »

thanks for the heklp guys,i spoke to microsoft they they seem to think my internet provider is somehow blocking access so im in talks with them now
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Flush the DNS cache. It's possible the link you have configured is trying to connect to an old server which is present in your Windows 10 resolver cache, but the site has switched to Cloudflare in the meantime.

If you don't know how to flush the dns cache on Windows 10, see instructions here: https://www.technipages.com/flush-and-r ... g-ipconfig
robevz

Post by robevz »

Reflective wrote:Flush the DNS cache. It's possible the link you have configured is trying to connect to an old server which is present in your Windows 10 resolver cache, but the site has switched to Cloudflare in the meantime.

If you don't know how to flush the dns cache on Windows 10, see instructions here: https://www.technipages.com/flush-and-r ... g-ipconfig
THANKS I DID THE ABOVE SUGGESTION & SAME MESSAGE APPEARS....ive been on the virgin website and somebody thinks virgin has had a court order out for that site since 2014 so not sure what to believe
robevz

Post by robevz »

just a quick update the owner sent me some vpn thing and it has resolved it so thanks to everybody for the help