[Solved] A stupid question of the week about opening tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ineuw

[Solved] A stupid question of the week about opening tabs

Post by ineuw »

Is it possible to open tabs to the left of the current tab? The pages I work on are sequentially numbered and opening them to the right of the current tab, they are in reverse order. 10, 9, 8, 7, .... etc.
Last edited by ineuw on November 29th, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
smsmith

Re: A possibly stupid question of the week about opening tab

Post by smsmith »

In about:config, change the preference browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent from true to false. The tabs will then open at the end of the tab bar rather than next to the tab you opened it from.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
therube

Post by therube »

If you open them consecutively (that is without bringing the opening page to focus) they should be in your wanted order.
You could do that by center-clicking the links on your source page.

If you've focused to the new tab then returned to the source page, then they'll end up reversed.

See if toggling the Pref, browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent, to 'false' works for the way you're opening tabs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

My thanks to both of you. The "browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent = False" works perfectly!!!
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05