Sent files disappear.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jamo2

Sent files disappear.

Post by jamo2 »

In some accounts I have a very crazy situation: there is not a sent folder ... and I do not find where the sendet mails are located...

I have then created a Sent folder ... but he is not recognized correctly by TB (an genuine Sent folder will have a blue TV -icone ... the created Sent folder has a yellow "book" icone).

The "when sending messages ..." options are set to:
Place a copy in ... "Sent" Folder on the account and Place replies in the folder of the message beeing replied to.

But the copy of the reply mail is stored in an other location who I do not find (the copy of the reply exists ... I can find the copy of the reply il I seek for the receivers mail address).

I think there is a bug in the place a copy i "Sent" folder on: xxxxx

thanks
Jamo2
DanRaisch

Re: sended files disapear

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
jamo2

Re: Sent files disappear.

Post by jamo2 »

@DanRaisch

POP ... there is not any Sent Folder builded by tb at the profile creation...

Thanks
Jamo2
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

jamo2 wrote:
POP ... there is not any Sent Folder builded by tb at the profile creation...
In POP accounts the "Sent" folders are never created with the profile or the account creation.
A "Sent" folder in a new account would be created at the moment you send the first message from the newly created account.

In your situation you may delete the "yellow icon" (generic) Sent folder, right-click on the account name > select "New Folder..." > name it "Sent" (without quotation marks) and hit "Create Folder". The new Sent folder should have the characteristic blue TV icon.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Also, make sure that you have selected that newly created folder as the target for storing sent messages under Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders.
jamo2

Post by jamo2 »

@DanRaisch
@Eckhard

Thanks ... now it works.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.