User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Hopper15

Post by Hopper15 »

Thank you FF for fixing that bug with AMD that was causing video color distortion. Now I finally can use Multiprocess without disabling hardware acceleration.
DanRaisch

Re: 57.0.1

Post by DanRaisch »

We're glad to hear that things are working better for you...but we're not Mozilla. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
Hopper15

Post by Hopper15 »

Sorry. I didn't mean to waste anyone's time creating this thread.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not a problem.
James

Post by James »

Hopper15 wrote:Thank you FF for fixing that bug with AMD that was causing video color distortion. Now I finally can use Multiprocess without disabling hardware acceleration.
https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/57.0.1/releasenotes/
Fix a video color distortion issue on YouTube and other video sites with some AMD devices (bug 1417442)
Mozilla has their own (not as old) support forum for desktop Firefox (and more recently some other things) at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/ however it is still mainly users helping users like here.
VaughanJG

Post by VaughanJG »

How much RAM do you have? What size is the C: drive, and what percentage of it is free? Where is your swap file stored?

Firefox has always been a "hog" for me - but in reality the memory is there to be used, so that fact Firefox is using 3Gb of my 16Gb isn't really an issue. Getting sluggish is though. I used to have a nice "restart" add-on, but sadly that's no more....