"check spelling before sending" doc

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Totoche2607

"check spelling before sending" doc

Post by Totoche2607 »

Hi,
there is the "check othography before sending" buttons since a long time in TB
i come here because i don't find that documentation for add that kind of option in grammar add-on

regards,
ty
Last edited by Totoche2607 on December 2nd, 2017, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: "check othography before sending" documentation

Post by DanRaisch »

Thunderbird itself has no grammar checking functionality, only a spelling checker. To what "grammar addon" are you referring?
Totoche2607

Post by Totoche2607 »

i just search the documentation of the spelling checker to understand how it's works...
...and do the same for a grammar add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... underbird/)

but maybe this is not the good way and you think about something else to make it easier...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm not aware of any particular documentation for either of those. Did you have specific questions or issues you were concerned with?
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

@Dan,
The original poster speaks French and "orthography" (French: orthographe) is French for "Spelling" in U.S. English.

@Totoche
I had looked at it a long time ago in LibreOffice and basically almost never used it because it is not the most user-friendly system. It seems to have improved from that time.
If you want to see how it works, it's a bit counter-intuitive, but instructions are here: https://dicollecte.org/ (click on Thunderbird afterwards).

I have looked very briefly at it, and I think that once you configure options correctly, it should be decent.
For example, with the default settings, it stops at every apostrophe because the keyboard doesn't use a curly, typographical apostrophe and Thunderbird doesn't replace them automatically like LibreOffice or Word.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Ah, thanks for that, mgagnonlv.
Totoche2607

Post by Totoche2607 »

thank you mgagnonlv (i edit title),

it is precisely for this extension that I ask the question...the probleme is not to launch the add-on and use it ; but to find a way for integrate an option for automatically launch the grammar check when you clic on send... (exactly like the check spelling)
(i ask the author --> he don't find https://www.dicollecte.org/thread.php?prj=fr&t=636#msg1)

so i read many code of various add-on that they have an action when you clic on "send", but i don't find something that can help me for...

and I thought it was a harm to get stuck on something that already exists in the code ... or very similar like spelling check.
but i don't find this function in source code (not commented) and / or not documented elsewhere