GOV.UK very slow and not responding

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
itekweni

GOV.UK very slow and not responding

Post by itekweni »

Hi I am having this problems for some time now where any GOV.UK sites I visit become very slow and then not responding and if I click on site the mouse pointer starts spinning and if left for about 3 minutes the site appears but it I browse different topics on the site it goes through through the same process but if I use any other browser on the same site it loads up with no problems and as i said it has happened a long time so not just related to present FF version...hopefully its a quick fix...thanks in advance
DanRaisch

Re: GOV.UK very slow and not responding

Post by DanRaisch »

Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).

For Mac, cache clear is Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network. Cookies are at Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Show Cookies.
itekweni

Post by itekweni »

DanRaisch wrote:Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).

For Mac, cache clear is Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network. Cookies are at Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Show Cookies.
DanRaish thanks for your answer but I had already tried what you suggested and even repeated it still no luck
therube

Post by therube »

Try, Safe Mode.
What version of FF? Do other browsers, say, Waterfox work as expected?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
itekweni

Post by itekweni »

therube wrote:Try, Safe Mode.
What version of FF? Do other browsers, say, Waterfox work as expected?
Good morning I have tried safe mode and still same my default browser is all updated waterfox and also have firefox, cyberfox updated installed but it just seems to be browsers related to mozilla except Tor browser which works, all the other browsers I have IE, Chrome and Opera all work with no problems.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the mozilla browsers and the problem still there and I do not want to install the latest Firefox because of it is not addon friendly, the problem is because my default browser is Waterfox when ever I get emails from any site ending with GOV.UK and I click on it browser gets locked until it decides to load page only then I realise that i have to use a different browser to mozilla one's
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Waterfox is NOT mozilla's
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
itekweni

Post by itekweni »

If its not mozilla then why when I run Waterfox I cannot run Firefox at same time because it say it say Firefox is running and it will only launch when I have closed Waterfox, but the problem still lies with mozilla browsers not loading the site in question yet any other site it opens no problem
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Well I am in Australia using a Mozilla browser and https://www.gov.uk/
and its pages open in a second. I think its more likely Waterfox is sharing the same profile as Firefox and stuffed it up
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What is a specific URL where the problem occurs?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

According to the OP Dan its any gov.uk web page see the link in my other post
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Oops. Our posts must have crossed "in the mail".

I agree with malliz. No lag or delay viewing that site from here in the US.
As to why you can't run Firefox when Waterfox is running: possibly because Waterfox set the parent.lock file in the profile used by both programs.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

itekweni wrote:Hi I am having this problems for some time now where any GOV.UK
All GOV.UK sites open and work fine for me, using both Firefox 57 and SeaMonkey 2.49.1.

If you are not using a Firefox browser then why ask about this here, the Firefox Support forum? Ask about your 'Waterfox' problems on their support forum. They do have a support forum?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to 3rd Party builds...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

I have tried safe mode and still same my default browser is all updated waterfox and also have firefox
Then test in a new, clean Profile.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript