Remove unwanted buttons on 57? SOLVED

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mudder

Remove unwanted buttons on 57? SOLVED

Post by Mudder »

Everything was going good, and this little bugger is ruining my evening, drag and drop doesn't seem to be working.
Really need to remove this 'more tools' button that creeped in when I tried to order some supper on-line.
It makes the NoScript button disappear. When I hit customise it greys out and I don't see the tiny box to drop it
say, next to the downloads button that I already removed. Plus the library button, that are now in the customise
window/tab space, the one with the two chevrons pointing right.

Compared to earlier this day:

EDIT six hours later:
Now this annoyance is playing silly bugger with me, every time I try to load the restaurant's web page the button shows up,
making the NoScript button disappear, making it difficult or impossible to set correct permissions.
Its gone for now and I've lost my appetite, they're closed now. Evening ruined. :-X
Last edited by Mudder on December 4th, 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gingerbread Man

Re: krikey....how do i remove unwanted buttons....on 57?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

To remove most built-in buttons and any add-on button, right-click it and choose Remove from Toolbar.

To remove the "More tools" overflow menu button, right-click one of the buttons on the right and choose Customize. Drag everything out of the overflow panel onto the navigation toolbar or the customization palette. Click Done when finished and the » button will disappear.

≡ is the menu button and can't be removed in customize mode. I suppose if you prefer using the menu bar, you might find it redundant. To hide it, add the following to your userChrome.css and don't forget to restart Firefox.

Code: Select all

#PanelUI-button { display: none !important; }
Mudder

Re: krikey....how do i remove unwanted buttons....on 57?

Post by Mudder »

Well GBM, now it only shows up with the Swiss Chalet page, so I'm going to leave it as is , for placing orders, gambling on other stuff I have to screen and protect if that page is ever hacked.
Don't pay anyhow until I get there in person.
Suggestion was good but for the 'more tools' button, 'Remove from Toolbar' is greyed out, but I get the NoScript button back when I close the S.C. tab, so I'm not going to worry about that, got more important stuff to worry about. Thank You.
Yep, an old fart who likes the menu bar.

I see you're on v59, is that the nightly?
Gingerbread Man

Re: How do i remove unwanted buttons on 57? OK now

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Mudder wrote:Suggestion was good but for the 'more tools' button, 'Remove from Toolbar' is greyed out
I did say that button only goes away on its own once you remove all items from the overflow panel in customize mode.
If items end up in the overflow panel on their own, then you don't have enough space on the navigation toolbar to display them. In your second screenshot, it seems you left those "flexible space" elements on the navigation toolbar; right-click those blank spaces and choose Remove from Toolbar to make some room.
Mudder wrote:I see you're on v59, is that the nightly?
Yes.
Mudder

Re: How do i remove unwanted buttons on 57? OK now

Post by Mudder »

GBM
Ah! you're right, removed the flexible space, and now the NoScript button stays visible when the restaurant
page is called up in its own tab. I also changed the order of the buttons-
NoScript-HTTPS Everywhere-ABP-Block Coin Miners and put the 'show sidebars' last because I almost never use it
as its one of Mozilla's standard buttons, like their Chrome-style menu button is.

Thank You very much! =D> =D> =D> :-" :D

\:D/ :bday: party!