Making Changes

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
iflog

Making Changes

Post by iflog »

With many of everyone's favorite add-ons not being converted to webextentions, it would be nice if someone had a list of userChrome.css, about:config or any other ways to make them possible. I have found a couple online that have taken the place of the old legacy add-ons and helped me change the browser back to the way I had it before the new version.
allande

Re: Making Changes

Post by allande »

Someone posted a link to here: https://www.userchrome.org/
Also, Aris the developer of the pre-57 Classic Theme Restorer has posted userchrome stuff here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/2
Also if you post former extensions you are looking for potential replacements for some people sometimes will suggest which current extensions if any would help.
iflog

Post by iflog »

That was the beauty of Firefox and what made me change to their browser. Customization. I had all the add-ons I wanted to personalize Firefox to my liking. Now its just another browser. Really disappointed.
iflog

Post by iflog »

I want to thank all the people who have helped me work to get Firefox the way I like it. I only have 4 add-ons currently but have added userChrome.css and userContent.css files to make things work. It's a nice community. Thank you.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

I had no problem restoring FF to near original appearance with userchrome.css. You just have to dig and ask questions on this knowledgeable, helpful forum. Quantum blows the ESR away. It is only going to get better as new extensions appear.
See example: https://imgur.com/2HXwBYC
iflog

Post by iflog »

Agree. I like the way I have it customized now. I'm still looking for one or two add-ons to complete my changeover.

ps. pepegot1...who still uses AOL mail? :lol:
therube

Post by therube »

who still uses AOL mail?
Anyone who wants to - until December 15, 2017 (when they're shutting down).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

therube wrote:
who still uses AOL mail?
Anyone who wants to - until December 15, 2017 (when they're shutting down).
They are?

I thought it was AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) chat that was shutting down. I don't recall anything about email service being discontinued. A migration to verizon.net addresses wouldn't surprise me. A migration of verizon.net addresses to aol.com addresses also wouldn't surprise me.

I switched my aim.com email address, back to aol.com months ago. It should still continue to work. Not that it's used much.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
therube

Post by therube »

Oops, you're correct. AIM is shutting down, not Mail.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript