Darn sidebar

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
janlafata

Darn sidebar

Post by janlafata »

Still getting uses to 57. OK, start page...it opens to Speed Dial...(No problem there, though I'm not looking forward to messing with Speedial)...Anyway back to when start page opens, then when I click on a favorite bookmark (It's just a Blog of mine) the sidebar appears, but it doesn't seem to open on other tabs. I'm tempted to not even mess with Sidebar. I've never really used it much in past versions anyhow. So how would I do that?
eisneun

Re: Darn sidebar

Post by eisneun »

check the properties of your blog bookmark and make sure "load this bookmark in the sidebar" is not checked.
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/up ... idebar.png
How can ace be one and eleven? Huh?
What kind of god would allow that?
janlafata

Post by janlafata »

Thank you for that. I also did something similar without even trying too hard at all. Still don't know why it was only that one tab that sidebar and no others. I'll save those thoughts for a later time. I sure hope that there's not too much of a learning curve on 57, but I'm determined to keep trying. Also while I got ya all here, I'd like to get your opinions of the Firefox speed panel. I got it installed just fine, but there's a lot of options that you can use. I use it on my smart page.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

janlafata wrote:Still don't know why it was only that one tab that sidebar and no others. I'll save those thoughts for a later time.
That can happen by using Bookmark the Page JavaScript hyperlinks on webpages. Three different scripts existed when I tracked that "fault"down years ago; one of those scripts toggled the Load this bookmark in the sidebar preference in Gecko browsers; one script worked properly; the 3rd didn't work in anything but Trident based browsers (IE and Maxthon -skin for IE) - in Presto, WebKit, & Gecko the script thru an error message. Best to use the "Bookmark this page" feature in Firefox, instead.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
janlafata

Post by janlafata »

I'm actually looking forward to working with Firefox 57. Running the previous build was starting to (52 I think) it was starting to show sigh's of wear. I do thing the new Firefox is faster and it does seem a lot more stable. Wish they wouldn't always keep changing things though! Like that "Save To Pocket" thing. I never used that thing once
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Well, you can expect Mozilla to play with changing Pocket around a bit in Firefox; after all Mozilla owns Pocket now.

Never used it myself; disable it and hide the menu items that don't disappear when it is disabled by the user.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.