Post by Suze »

how to stop a new web site from overiding my pinned tab

THANKS
Suze
eisneun

Re: PINNED TAB

Post by eisneun »

Ctrl+click, middle click, right click "Open Link in New Tab"
i don't know of a way to lock a pinned tab until and unless Tab Mix Plus gets updated to web extension.
How can ace be one and eleven? Huh?
What kind of god would allow that?
costark

Post by costark »

A "cousin" to this for me, at least, is IF the Search Window is used, the Clk Right Arrow Search Now approach Opens in the SAME Tab;
Hit ENTER, instead, to Search and it Opens in a NEW Tab.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
Suze

Post by Suze »

thanks costark that works
Suze
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

As far as the search bar and bookmarks go to about:config and change the following to *true*:

browser.search.openintab
browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs

This will make bookmarks always open in a new tab and the search bar to open in a new tab as well. If typing something in the address bar, can press ALT-ENTER to make it open in a new tab.
costark

Post by costark »

MarkRH wrote:As far as the search bar and bookmarks go to about:config and change the following to *true*:

browser.search.openintab
browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs

This will make bookmarks always open in a new tab and the search bar to open in a new tab as well. If typing something in the address bar, can press ALT-ENTER to make it open in a new tab.
Search was already True per my post (Thnx Suze ) BUT Bookmarks is a really helpful mod;
Always Rt Clk'd .... Open in New Tab. Thanks!

You probably have this one, too / 50-Tab users won't want it / Few Tabs more so ...
Open New Tabs at End (saved from old article)
Normally, when you click on a link that opens in a new tab, the new tab will appear immediately after the current tab. I personally like it when the new tab opens at the end of all the tabs. If you prefer this also, then change the value to False....... browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent ...... True = Default value,... Set to False to load new tab at the end of all tabs
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -